January 5, 2012

Shotgun to NYC!

My friend David is heading up to New York, so I am tagging along, riding shotgun as it were. David’s got some business at the D&D Building, so we’ll mostly be on the Upper East Side. D_D_Building

I put out a call on my Facebook page for suggestions, and got some great ones from other bloggers. An Æsthete’s Lament suggested R. Louis Bofferding at 970 Lexington, between 70th and 71st ...IMG_5285 and then the shop Le Décor Français, on Lexington between 72nd and 73rd ...Le_Decor_Francais

The Devoted Classicist suggested Treillage, which sounds like both David and I will love it!TreillageI’ve been to John Rosselli Antiques several times, so I ought to give Bunny Williams equal time and love, and visit her shop.

My cooking friend, Raspberry Eggplant, suggested meeting for macarons at Ladurée!laduree I’ve been to their shops in Paris and London, and would love to add the one in NYC to my list!

David and I are going to meet up with our friend, Janice, and visit Philip Colleck Ltd. This antiques shop is located in the most impossibly adorable (there is no other word) house in the middle of Manhattan!Philip Colleck LtdThey’re having an exhibition of chairs until January 10th,Philip Colleck spring and both David and I love chairs of any sort.

Feel free to leave any suggestions in the comments. We’d both love to know your favourite places on the Upper East Side.

I’ve got my camera battery charged and the memory card cleared, so watch for lots of posts on this trip next week!

14 comments:

  1. I just read this about the Duncan Phyfe exhibit at the Met:

    http://antiquesandthearts.com/Antiques/CoverStory/2012-01-03__15-11-46.html?nl=1


    (My word verification is mitenes -surely because of your new header!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live on the UES, I love it up here! I'm glad you're making a trip. Laduree is the perfect destination. It's not exactly Upper East, but if you head a little west check out Rizzoli bookstore, on 57th between 5th and 6th. It's the most elegant bookstore, very old New York. Also Maison 24 on Park Avenue is fantastic! So excited to see where you wind up going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all of the above, plus the new north gallery at the frick, and i think there are new installations at the museum of the city of new york up fifth avenue at 102d street. m

    ReplyDelete
  4. forgot to mention the neue gallerie at 86th and 5th, if you haven't been. the werkstatte things are a different aesthetic
    from david's and yours, but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I tag along, too? You are going to be in my old neighborhood from when I lived in Manhattan--boy have things changed!! Have a wonderful trip. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun!

    Also, I had no idea that AL was blogging again - thought she retired. What a pleasant surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you have not already met the charming owners of Philip Colleck, Ltd, Mark & Diana Jacoby, be sure to introduce yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Meg! Enjoy NY!
    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Trails to you! can't wait for your pictures. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun and report back. In case you didn't see this on HP, this is for Connor: http://www.stylelist.com/2012/01/05/how-to-be-organized-30-more-uses-for-dryer-sheets_n_1187338.html

    Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love NYC. I enjoyed going through. I miss NY. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see what you got up to in the Big Apple!
    Loving your new header btw!
    Di
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.