January 24, 2012

Chiang Mai Dragon Chair

My friend Janice who used to work for Schumacher, sent me this advertisement she created while she was on staff there. ad_dragonIt’s the popular Chiang Mai Dragon pattern in Alabaster on a chair. What makes it so over-the-top is the gorgeous flamenco train lined in red (silk, I hope!) on the back of the chair. I can’t even imagine stunning this chair must have been.

I did play around with the background a tiny bit – just adding a Gaussian blur to make the chair pop!  Thanks for sending this, Janice!

8 comments:

  1. I love the fabric on the chair! I hate the train on the chair - all that I can imagine is how much cat & dog hair would get stuck in that train and it would looke awful inside of a week! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree love the chair and fabric, the train not too practical. It was for show though!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh & love your header Meg!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first time I saw this advertisement with this chair and train my heart skipped a beat! I completely love it! and no, that train is anything but practical but to me it just highlighted how fabulous that print is...dressing up that simple chair as though it wears a ball gown. I have this saved in my "favorites". It made me fall in love with Chiang Mai Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is certainly a bold fabric. I wonder why they called it Chiang Mai.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sitting here thinking what piece of my furniture I could someday put a train on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did not anyone else click on the highlighted Gaussian blur. Only to be puzzled that just about anything can be written in an algebraic equation. What is up with that-- I feel like a number. If I is the function of the internet and X is the computer ....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.