January 31, 2012

BAF Updated

First, thanks to everyone who left a comment or sent me an e-mail about the BAF logo that I created. I played around with the image a bit more and came up with this: I found an old set of architectural plans and then sampled the blues in it. I “averaged” them and came up with this old blue. With the white lines, the pattern is emphasized and the BAF25 stands out more.

We’re planning on sending a postcard to all of our members and friends (e-mail me with your address to get on the list) and decided to use a non-standard size for the card. Since the logo is square and the post card isn’t, I took the sides of the grill and added them to the original piece.top

Then I found an early 1900’s blueprint so I could see how it looked and try to approximate the style. il_fullxfull_272718595Specifically, I liked the print at the bottom, and the architect’s notes. I need to get more detailed information on what goes in these blocks, but I’ve done a little bit of thinking. font The worst part is that I can’t find a font that is similar to the one on this print, and I am getting a bit obsessive about it. Suggestions?

So, without further ado, here’s what I’ve got so far.2012 invitation GHD copyHere’s the reverse of the invitation, with more details about the party.sticker_4.5x4.5  Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

13 comments:

  1. I think you are fabulous and so talented!! Love your efforts for such a wonderful cause!

    Francie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. The square reminds me a bit of a Moroccan tile. It's a gorgeous blue.

    Good luck with finding the right font.

    Laura Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What William said....and I hope you find the font, too! Knowing you, it is as good as DONE!! You are just AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too hope you find the font. I am a stickler for consistency with spelling things out/abbreviations so I would spell out East in the address - that abbreviated "E" drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i as the devil's advocate --is not a logo something that a company adopts to brand its image with. the 25 --is it clear the number represents a one time event-- the anniversary?? ( is this then not a logo)--try dropping the 25 and using the BAF only in the image. what about the renderings - screen the drawings at 20 percent or drop them out on the back or on the envelope

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like what you've done so far -though I do think the BAF 25 needs some work so it pops out to the reader.

    I googled Edwardian-era fonts and found these:
    http://www.fontscape.com/explore?7LI

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely. I still think the BAF 25 needs to stand out more, though. It's competing with some very busy design, perhaps make it larger?

    There's no time listed for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like what did with the color, but I agree that the 25BAF needs to stand out more. Is that the florescent motif that you used? Perhaps stay with white outline but go with a less busy gate rendition like the stone.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow - GREAT solution -this looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your finished design. I, also, agree with others that you are very talented! Although I do not comment often enough, I enjoy, daily, your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good Meg! Have you tried whatfontis.com it's a font identifier which may help, there are several online.
    Good luck.
    Di
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Or try
    http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

    at myfonts.com. Works for me every time!

    Love the latest sample!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.