January 27, 2010

I am SO Excited

I finally got to see the Elle Decor story about Baltimore. I flipped through the pages until I found the article on Baltimore and just beamed at seeing my name in such an influential publication! It was a great validation of the work that I’ve been doing on this blog for more than three years now!

Of course, I was also thrilled to see that a lot of my good friends were mentioned, too. Housewerks had a great picture across from my quote and “is a mecca for industrial artifacts, furnishings and decorative items”. 5-21 044 McLain-Wiesandbrims with hand-crafted metal and wood furniture, mirrors and lamps”. pinky 006 Antiques Exchangemixes old and new, vintage items porcelain and prints…”. Antique Exchange  01-09-10 009 Gore Dean is “the go-to destination for tastemakers in search of high-quality antiques, home goods and tableware”. Gore Dean 017 I stopped by to give David Wiesand (above with his killer pup, Pinky) the good news that McLain Wiesand is one of the shops mentioned, and found that they’re having a clearance sale! There are lots of incredible things in the shop that I fell in love with. I am on a buying moratorium until I figure out when I am moving, so I just took pictures.

I would love to use some of the fabrics at DeBois Textiles to recover this sofa! It’s only about $400 and is very comfortable.01-27 008

I love the portrait of this woman. She’s so classic and serene. Instant ancestors!01-27 003The other classic figure in the image above is Cleopatra. 01-27 016

David always has an excellent selection of sconces.

01-27 007 01-27 011

I’d be pretty happy to stare at this view all day, wouldn’t you?01-27 017

The funniest thing I saw was actually on the drive home… this is what pulled up to me at a red light!01-27 019 If Connor did this, I wouldn’t be able to see!

22 comments:

  1. Meg, I love the sconces and that sofa!! Very cool and oh the pillows too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. although i was excited to see a sampling of the items avaiable through some of your favorite retailers in baltimore in this post, it was that little Westie who (to me) was the most exciting. (he looks so much like my Westie, Billy.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Meg, but what is most important is: Congratulations! for having your name in elle decor!!!! well deserved! very pleased for you and all the great work you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Meg! What a fun day for you! Can't wait to get my hands on an issue and see for myself.
    The portrait you call an "instant ancestor" looks so much like my grandmother, I could hang it in my home and probably fool even my own family members. What a strange feeling to see someone so familiar looking back at me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Thanks for giving us a sneak peek...I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A huge congratulations to you Meg....xv

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Meg! Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing like seeing your name in print!

    Congratulations! You are doing a terrific job letting folks know what a great town Baltimore is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Meg! I have about six favorite blogs, and you're the next-to-the-last to get featured by a major magazine, but at least it finally happened. This should have happened a few years ago.

    My biggest regret about your favorite places is that McLain-Wiesand doesn't sell their one-of-a-kind pieces on their website--or that I'm not closer to Baltimore--because, otherwise, that awesome fragment of Cleopatra would be mine.

    And whoever buys that great little Empire sofa, if you decide to recover it, contact me before you toss that worn pink velvet. It's a real pain hunting for pre-aged fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow, loooove that sofa! And I would never recover it -- I think that burgundy-red fabric is beautiful.

    Just got back from a biz trip to genteel North Carolina, Meg, and am catching up on all your news. Congrats on Elle Decor!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sofa, too. Looks like it is an easy to use size. Love the Westie, of course. What a darling face. And my 62 year old husband of 36 years will kill me. The next to the last shot could be his bum. I still call him Romeo butt from time to time in honor of that brief nude scene in Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet. My personal bum has not fared that well through time! Congrats for the Big Mention. About time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heartiest congratulations, Meg on the Elle Decor mention. You definitely deserve it. All your hard work has produced one of the best blogs around. Keep it up!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. well, I love love love the Westie at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Meg! That is very exciting and major validation. Well-deserved. Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. and you should be excited - great things are happening... well done - can't wait to read the article - that pink sofa is very interesting - especially with the pink velvet - i love it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to read your article. I love how you have your camera always at the ready!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations - can't wait to see my copy !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats again Meg! Where the heck is my copy of HB?!?!

    And that doggie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Meg! That is awesome...for some reason I haven't gotten ANY of my magazines this month...hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! I'm definitely going to pick up that copy of the magazine to check it out as I'm always looking for new places to shop in Maryland!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.