November 21, 2011

A Little Bit of This…

And a little bit of that…

I did a pop-up Tour de Baltimore on Friday, and we had a great time. There were about eight people on the tour, and it was such fun to meet everyone.  We started at Housewerks,tour 49 and then headed to DeBois Textiles. Then uptown to the neighbourhood just south of where I live, called Hampden, where we wandered around and in and out of many of the small, independent shops.

I love this chalk “painting” someone did of a fireplace. It’s so detailed.tour 15We saw lots of old-fashioned Christmas decorations. tour 25This was Christmas in a box, filled with balls and trimmings.tour 40One of my sisters wages a never-ending battle with the squirrels in her yard. This would be PERFECT for her! Ha!tour 42Love these chocolate pots!tour 46

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

On Saturday, I’d been given a heads-up about a tag sale in a gorgeous old townhouse where the owners were de-accessioning some of their things.tag17 They kindly allowed us to wander around the house and so I took pictures. I just loved the guest room in the house, with all of the windows, tag13and the great linen curtains. Love the brass bed and the white down-filled duvet. tag10And the fireplace and mirror! tag7These houses have some interesting details in the plasterwork, including this Moorish arch, which appears several times in the house.  tag18This is an original Tiffany lantern in the front hall. Tiffany installed a major work at a church around the corner from this house.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

My pal, Julie, asked if she could borrow the great folding chairs I’d gotten a few months ago, and of course, I said yes. Then I realized that I’d only managed to paint and re-seat one of the chairs. So I spent Sunday afternoon out in the balmy weather painting the chairs. Chair paintingNow I am filling in all of the details and spots that I missed. Naturally, Connor’s keeping an eye on the process (and my pink flower slippers!).Connor & Slippers

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A few months ago, I mentioned finding an unusual flower on my walk with Connor, and yesterday, I picked some of the passionflower fruits that were still hanging from the vine. Passionfruit 2When I cut one open, it was full of seeds. I am not brave enough to try one, even though I’ve been assured that they’re not poisonous! Passionfruit 3Someone said that if the flowers don’t have a scent, the fruit won’t have much of a taste. Would you have tasted it?

9 comments:

  1. Omg hyperventilating at this store and house! How I miss the East Coast! That fireplace in the living room is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it ripe? is there a USDA county office agent or master gardener availabe to offer guidance--- on the www a blog pictured red seeds and orange fruit.. Euell Gibbons would be proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Meg... coveting those pink slippers. Very Betty Draper. xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have purchased EVERY SINGLE ONE of those divine chocolate pots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Housewerks looks a lot like my guest house minus the fluted columns, maybe I should give up and call it a salvage yard.
    Also I'm not sure that someone who battles squirrels would want one as an ornament. Squirrels (which to me look like rats with a bushy tail)are my nemesis, too.
    How fun that you were able to take photos in that house. Jo @ Let's Face the Music

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Meg, Great day!! Conor is such a good boy!! Jones would have eaten those slippers in nothing flat!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved all your post. Nice to be commenting once again. Happy Thanksgiving. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always thought that passionfruit and passion flower fruit were the same thing, but apparently that is not the case (I think). I think the ones you have are unripe. See this post I found that you might find interesting.

    http://erinskitchen.blogspot.com/2006/07/going-local-passion-flower-fruit.html

    More importantly, can you confirm the name of the store with the squirrel Christmas ornament? I think I might trek up to B'more to get one. Our dog Lucy is obssessed with squirrels and I think this would be a great addition to our tree.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.