October 27, 2011

My Old School

I heard on the news this morning that my old school will be housing about 300 of its students on a cruise ship!stmarys-mdApparently, there was some damage caused by Hurricane Irene in late August, and now two of the dorms, including the one where I lived, have mold issues. st-marysAfter a few weeks of students living in hotels, none of which are close, an alumnus suggested to the college’s president that he might consider a cruise ship that was for sale to house the students.sea_voyagerAs it turned out, it would be cheaper to rent the cruise ship than 300+ hotel rooms!smc This is the only kind of boat I ever sailed when I was at college!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm don't know if I would like that arrangement. Grand Post. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my world guys!
    Di :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really did make sense to find an alternative to the hotel situation, the shuttling alone was turning out to be crazy! I didn't realize you went there for college, or maybe my poor old memory is just bad?!

    I hope you have a good weekend and congrats on your Elle Decor spot!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.