October 28, 2011

I am in Elle Décor.com

I was so honoured to be included in Elle Décor.com’s list of Design Insiders’ Weekly Finds, along with fellow bloggers, James of What is James Wearing? and my dear friend, Chris Cox of Easy & Elegant Life.logo-elle-decor-headerHere’s my brief essay on my obsessions:

I bought a 110-year-old farmhouse earlier this summer and have been obsessed with finding the right chairs. First, I bought two elegant white slipper chairs that remind me of Billy Baldwin, who grew up just a few blocks from where I am living. Then, my friend, David Wiesand, gave me a Chinoiserie/Gothic faux bamboo and leather chair, another friend gave me a Louis Ghost chair, and I found a down-filled armchair at a tag sale. I think it’s time to stop.

chairThanks to Elle Décor.com for including me!

11 comments:

  1. Woohooooo - I know someone famous!!
    Di
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way Jose!

    Well deserved recognition.

    Makes a body proud:)

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. mel brooks had 12 chairs.....and these days you can't trust banks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chinoiserie Meg...and huge congratulations...that is a nice mention....xv

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the mention! By the way, I think your friend David has great taste in chairs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the mention! and in some VERY GOOD COMPANY, I might add!!! I LOVED what "littlebadwolf" said: so true! Since you are obviously "chair poor" now, I would be happy to babysit that fabulous chair that David gave to you...just so you could be certain it gets all of the sweet attention it deserves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So grand Elle mentioned you! + You deserve all good things anyone sends your way. By the By those chairs sound & look Fab. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. And?
    I am not surprised!
    Love your style.
    I also adore anything black lacquered-especially faux bamboo. Jackpot.
    Have a great weekend. I hope your new digs do not get the snow accumulation of the last...
    Today we're getting plenty up here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fine excuse to pop a bottle of champers with your friends! Whoo-hoo!
    Congratulations! And BTW, I don't think you can have too many chairs or too many houses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!!!!! And I really covet the gothic faux bamboo leather chair!!! Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.