October 19, 2011

I’ll Take This… Stable House

There’s a house that is just a couple of blocks from my current house that I’ve always loved. It’s so different from the grand and elegant houses in the neighbourhood, and it’s got a quirky look that I like. It also looks like it’s been misplaced – it should be somewhere in the Cotswolds.moag1It turns out that it was one of the old stables that dot the neighbourhood and it was converted to a house many years ago. moag20It’s on the market now for just a little less than $1m. But the great thing about this house, aside from it’s setting, and  details, is that it’s zoned for both business and residential use.moag2 I love how the owners have kept the gorgeous details of the house, like the beadboard ceiling and the walkway, and then added some, like the horse-shoe.moag4 This house is tucked at the bottom of the same hill where my house is, and is hidden from sight by tall hedges. I remember exploring these spaces when I was a kid. moag5 Even though, with all of the trees and hedges, the house might be dark, all of the huge windows brighten it tremendously.moag9 One end of the house is residential and the other is the family’s business in sports marketing and sports franchise sales. moag18 It has a separate entrance for each use.moag21 Even the bathrooms retain many of the original details, like the beautiful subway times and the huge bathtub (sans shower!). I love the stained glass skylight.moag14 The agent selling this house is a friend of mine, and I am going to try and get over there and see it in person.

Photos: Ron Solomon

12 comments:

  1. You have me VERY curious as to this house's locale. Love that sunroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a lovely home...wouldn't it be nice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find. Love the mixed-use aspect. Perfect for the antique dealer in you.

    Best, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting property. I wonder if it comes with the bear?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the house; I think I might change the interior design a bit. A little more sister Parish, please. Have a great time in NYC. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the house of my dreams! And that bathroom is perfect. Could you take more pictures? What I like is the scale and the proportions. New houses these days don't have that. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. For more details and photos, visit www.4723fallsrd.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks charming and gorgeous. I could imagine a designer buying it and using the business side to host design workshop and gatherings. That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this house!!! I love the fact that it has a wing for use as a business. The price sounds very reasonable.

    I was just thinking of you, I was on OKL and there is a bolt for sale for $195.00. I am really not sure why? Maybe I missed the size in the description but is looks pretty standard to me.

    I hope Connor was a good little pup while you were away last week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful house, I want it!
    Di
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This house is a dream! Great post. I want this house too! :)

    Clyde W

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.