October 24, 2012

High Point: My Sponsor, Hooker Furniture

It has been such a treat to work with the good people at Hooker Furniture, especially Kim Shaver, their PR/Marketing guru. Hooker’s tagline is “Inspiration Can Come From Anywhere” and that’s certainly true with this fall’s collections. It’s also pretty much my philosophy in life!

They had the inspiration to go to Pinterest to see what people women wanted in a collection of furniture, and came up with the Chic Coterie collection. They started with an inspiration board and then built the collection from there.I love clever things, and this collection, in addition to being great-looking, is also filled with clever details.This great dresser is actually a lateral file – so perfect for your home office. Now that I am working from home, I can really appreciate having somewhere good-looking to put my files, instead of spread out in the guest bedroom. 

I loved these display cabinets – not only do they have a classic arched doors, but they also have glass sides and glass shelves, giving them a very light look.

And here’s the clever bit – see the little “touch me” tag? That’s how you turn on the display lights in the cabinet!Tap it once to turn on the light, tap again to brighten the light and then tap to turn the light off!

When I lived in Wales, a lot of the older houses had great Welsh cupboards, and Hooker’s got the modern iteration of that!

Lots of storage, a shelf that pulls out for your laptop, lateral files in the bottom drawers, and the clever bit,a built-in charging station! If you’re like me, you’ve god unsightly cords everywhere and it looks like a mass of black spaghetti, but this neatly solves that problem.

My current desk is a six-foot long commercial kitchen counter, but this desk from the Chic Coterie collection would look perfect in place of that desk. I could sweep all of the papers, pens and pencils, files, computer, lamp, etc. off of the desk and use it as a dining table!

This desk is great, too!

Here are some more of the goodies I saw on my tour of Hooker’s showrooms.

Lots of leather in the most gorgeous colours, like this warm red,

this elegant blue

and this chic celadon (with the adorable Kim Shaver!).

There was even a painted and embossed leather.

Nail-heads were everywhere, providing a great accent to stunning shapes, like this club chair.

Embossed leather mock-croc and nail-head console with great legs.

Seriously, how about this little chest! The nail-heads make it amazing, don’t they?

Hooker’s also doing great things with their finishes, which range from the regatta blue of this bombe chest, to the pearl essence of this chest.

This silver gilt finish chest was really elegant. The finish, the shape and the motif were all superb.The Queen Anne’s lace heads are all hand-painted on each piece.

And how about this sweet chest? It ticks a lot of my boxes – colour, size, shape, finish, hardware…

And you know I am crazy about chairs! Black and white and pink!

Ikat

One of the trends of this Market – menswear fabrics.

Japanese watercolour print.

Wow! I realize I am going to have to do a Part 2 to show you some of the amazing details on Hooker’s pieces. Check back tomorrow!

17 comments:

  1. Incredible stuff! It makes me realize how I miss working in the textile and furniture industry...I could get lost just browsing the beautiful fabrics and accoutrements, and the beautiful furniture pieces.! Thanks for bringing it to your followers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Bonnie! And thanks to Hooker for making it possible!

      Delete
  2. I love this line!! Yes, they do "get" it. The finishes are to die for.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the glossy finishes, but I also love that chalky finish.

      Delete
  3. When will you release the next issue of Pigtown Design the magazine -- the e-zine? Perhaps a feature on your Hooker sponsored trips to High Point could be featured. As a member of the 5th estate-- is the blog world considered the fifth estate-- Did the High Point market people single bloggers out or is coverage coverage and goody bags were there goody bags?? Fabric samples post cars for a in real life inspiration board .....? Also thank you Hooker Furniture for sponsoring Pigtown design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Market asked bloggers to attend and cover the market. It opens the experience to so many more people. And no goody bags, just lots of PR materials!

      Delete
  4. Hooker has really done it!! This is an amazing assortment of very special furnishings! Bravo to a company who listens to the wants of the decor world!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the first collection based on Pinterest.

      Delete
  5. Hooker is very lucky to have you! xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you give the name of the little chest that you said ticks a lot of your boxes? I love it, too, but I could not find it on the Hooker website.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They told me that it's brand new and not on the site or in the catalogue yet.

      Delete
  7. This has to be one of my all-time favorite posts you've done!! LOVE Hooker Furniture. Finishes to die for, indeed. Good partnership.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That turned out really great!!What a great idea really liked it thanks allot for sharing.
    Dallas mattress sale
    Mattress sale dallas
    office furniture fort worth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.