October 15, 2012

High Point: Day 2

Day Two at High Point started with a press breakfast. The theme of this year’s Market is Always in Fashion, so it was appropriate that the guest speakers were Christian Siriano, Lela Rose and Thom Felicia. The three were fun and engaging, and after the show, Christian had a trunk show with some of his wares and the audience went wild!

From there, I wandered around the various markets to see if I could spot some of the trends. High Point Market consists of a dozen or so buildings, so there’s plenty to see and plenty of opportunities to get completely and totally lost. As I strolled through the hallways, going up escalators and down elevators, there was lots to see.

Giant pumpkins, so maybe I won’t have to grow them every year.Big bright puffer fish.Ohh, what happened to his middle?

I found a showroom called Stephen Shell – Born in London, Enjoyed Around the World. It’s fun furniture with an English twist. Lots of interesting looks. This piece would be great in a young girl’s room.

After a long search, I finally found the antiques section of the show. One of the places that really grabbed my attention, and is something that resonates with me is called Cake Vintage Table & Home.

I loved, loved, loved every single item that they had… Naturally!

They use old engravings to make fun table papers, to the most incredible chandeliers made from old silverplate spoons,and even one from an entire tea set, including cups, sugar bowl, tray and spoons!

They also had fun mis-matched sets of silver that I just adore.Seriously, this was just the most fun place!

Check back and see everything else I saw in High Point!

6 comments:

  1. Look what showed up on OKL yesterday (for a dollar less):
    https://www.onekingslane.com/product/15820/853940?aname=sales_event&lname=product_link

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it coming + Enjoy...xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so exciting! So much to see

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your posts from High Point Meg; excited to see more!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photography is beautiful! I wish I had taken the time to visit the antique center, I had it on my schedule for the last day and it just was squeezed out but what great finds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.