October 24, 2012

Bits & Pieces

Aside from going to High Point – and don’t worry, there are still a few more highlights from High Point – there have been some other things swirling around my life.

On Saturday, one of the most beautiful of our fall days, I had the chance to be a tour guide at the Federal Hill Historic House Tour at a friend’s house. I wanted to share the most incredible view from her third floor deck.Can you imagine having this view from your house? It’s ever-changing and always interesting.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

As I mentioned, we’ve been having a run of the most stunning weather. It’s in the 70’s during the day, and the 50’s at night. Clear and bright sunny days make this the very best time of year. So as the sun was setting the other evening, I snapped this picture of my whole living room wall lit up by the long golden rays. Much of the light in this image is reflecting off my high-gloss Farrow & Ball painted door. This is when I love my house the most.

However, saying all of that, we have already had our first frost here in Happy Valley!first frost I woke the other morning to find a heavy coating of frost on everything, and even had to get out the scraper!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I attended the book signing for the new Fortuny Interiors. As always, my friends Stiles and Jonathan had organized the most fun event. The author, Brian Coleman, and photographer, Eric Kvalsvik,were kept busy signing copies for everyone.  Eric is from Baltimore and many of his old school friends came to the signing. He also brought his children, one of whom was a serious sartorialist at a young age. Check out the blue trousers and the of-the-moment maroon velvet slippers.

I only got a picture of the plaid of his coat, but Antiques Roadshow expert, Michael Flanigan, kept me entertained with Roadshow and other local gossip.

As always, Halcyon House Antiques was beautifully decorated, with great flower arrangements from the farm’s gardens,and delicious food!

Naturally, I couldn’t resist taking some pictures of the beautiful selection of furniture and accessories on offer.

As I left, I followed the trail of flickering flames out the driveway.As I drove back into the city, I reflected on how fortunate I am to have such great friends who help me live a good life!

4 comments:

  1. Frost? so glad I'm 25 miles south of you. Down in balmy bay land.

    I'm afraid that young sartorialist does not look overjoyed to be a. dressed that way b. out with his father at perhaps not the most kid level event c. just plain camera shy. Maybe a combo of all three??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a young gentleman (1st grand son-born when I was only 20) who would have loved being there with me!!! Ethan gets it and I do, too.
    Thanks. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy + blessed lady you are + loved all the pictures. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go to the most interesting events.

    Cant wait to see snow pictures of Baltimore. We had snow in New South Wales two weeks ago about an hour away from Sydney ..it's crazy weather here ..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.