May 15, 2013

Oh, Darling

One of the most gratifying and amazing things about writing this blog is the people whom I have met through it, not to mention some of the adventures I’ve had. One of those amazing things started almost a year ago, when I received an e-mail from a fellow blogger, telling me that he would be visiting Baltimore and that he’d like to get together.

So I threw a small party for him and his partner, and we all got along famously. We drank. We talked. We laughed. We ate. We drank, talked, laughed and laughed and laughed. It was a brilliant evening, just full of love and admiration. So now I am headed up his way this weekend, and the timing is quite fortuitous.

The house where I will be staying has just been published in Architectural Digest. And Boy, is it gorgeous!imageSimply incredibly gorgeous. I haunted the shops until the June issue of Architectural Digest arrived and then tore through it in the check-out line.

The colours are beautiful. Soft where they should be soft and vibrant where they need to be vibrant.image

Pattern, prints, stripes and colour all play well together. image

A stunning, classical house, a perfect setting and a wonderful couple who own it. image

It’s just darling… Reggie Darling.

13 comments:

  1. It's so nice to finally see the entire house, instead of vignettes. And it's utterly charming and beautifully decorated, so all that anticipation has been rewarded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they Bring you that pug. Now I shall seek the latest AD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be looking for the June AD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg of course I would expect no less of Reggie and Boy. I cannot think of anyone with more equisite taste and collections!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous. And I'm a bit jealous. Have a wonderful week-end: drink and eat and laugh and love!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful time....so happy the AD comes across my desk every month, and I was able to thoroughly enjoy the photos and article on Darlington Hall. Enjoy your visit. I confes to being jealous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure if this issue will be easy to locate in Taiwan, but it obviously is a must-have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The June issue is in my hands and enjoying the entire spread. Enjoy your stay, your deserve this treat.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  9. You lucky girl! Bask in that beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Homes of such perfection give the rest of us something to aspire to. Lovely photographs. Lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And Reggie and Boy are the perfect hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun -can't wait to see your pictures of their house! Article was stunning. You need a subscription to AD!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.