May 3, 2013

High Point: Hooker Furniture

I have been lucky enough to be sponsored for the High Point Furniture Market by Hooker Furniture and their associated brands, Sam Moore and Bradington-Young for the third time this April, and I am delighted to show you their new lines of furniture. I took more than 200 pictures at the Hooker showroom, and as I was editing them, I tried to sort them by piece, which is what I will do here.

Almost the first piece I saw when I arrived was this gorgeous bed in a bright white finish. The padded headboard with the quatrefoil outlines is just gorgeous! There is such attention to detail at Hooker and that really shows up in their pieces. Here are some of the other beds I loved.

Hooker’s sofas were also wonderful! I had the chance to “road-test” a few of them, and they were all very comfortable. Since I am short-legged, it’s not always easy to find a sofa that I can sit on and have it hit my back and legs in a comfortable way. There are a lot of details, like nail-heads and tufting on these Sam Moore sofas and chairs this season. Some had that 1920’s vibe, maybe hitting that Great Gatsby trend.



Anyone who knows me knows that I am wild about chairs! I think that I have about 12 chairs in my living/dining room alone. So when I saw all of the fabulous Bradington-Young and Sam Moore chairs, I had a hard time choosing which was the one I liked best. I loved the shapes of the chairs, and also the fabrics used in upholstering them.  Let me know which one is your favourite in the comments!

Last but not least, everything else!

Hooker has a new line called Workwell which is a home office line. The pieces are both practical and beautiful, with hidden file drawers, keyboard drawers and comfortable chairs.

I loved the details on the dressers and other case-goods that I saw. Drawers were lined, the hardware was well-thought out and gorgeous and the finishes were so much fun – great colours and textures.

Thanks again to Hooker for sponsoring me. I hope that you you love Hooker’s furniture as much as I do. For your local stockist, please click here.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Meg,

    Can you tell me the names of the two chairs shown in the foreground on the 13th row down?

    Thanks

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael... I will contact my person there and get the information. I didn't write down the names of everything - I was too busy snapping pictures and filling my eyes with all these goodies!

      Delete
  2. Hooker,knows a good thing when they see it, YOU + they are lucky to have you + so many chairs I can not pick just one. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tufted tight-back mauve-ish little number is quite the handsome sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meg,
    This is a super post!! Jones and I want the first sofa in a charcoal tufted leather.
    Have a super week-end. xoxoxo
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your article is very interesting Beautifull photos and great blog to read thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Meg,
    Hooker has such equisite detail in all of their furnishings. Love them

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great post, what a wonderful collection of furniture. There are plenty of items around these days that can make your home beautiful. There is also a lot of custom made furniture around to these days, which really gives your home a personalised look and they can really compliment the other items in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i agree to Jali, awesome post with unique and stunning collection of furniture. Each and every thing look superb in his own way. The drawers, keyboard drawers and chairs including sofas.. all are so much beautiful. thank you so much for sharing that nice post!!

    Mattress sale dallas

    ReplyDelete
  9. These bedroom furnishings are made for the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.