June 27, 2009

Tag Sale Tales

I made it to the Tag Sale with coffee in hand by about 9:15 and was delighted with the things I saw.

JB does major flower installations at some of Baltimore's museums and top events, so the scale of his things is HUGE. JB also has a green thumb, as evidenced by the window boxes on his classic townhouse. He has a huge urn in front of his house where I noticed some white eggplants growing.
But I did manage to find a few things, including some julep cups, an etched vase and some silk peonies that I had to touch to find out whether they were real.
These acid green ceramic vases would be perfect for summer flower arrangements.

There were several of these huge paintings of starlets. They were probably used as props for a party.These cranberry glass vases could also be used to hold a pillar candle. A huge assortment of candlesticks of all heights and styles. I have several of these which were gifts from friends. Another candle holder... he bears the weight of a single candle on his shoulders. Are you sensing a theme here?
A chandelier for candles. If I had a big tree in my back garden, you can bet I would have purchased this. Tag sales, yard sales, antique and thrift shops are all good ways of being green.

Read about other great thrifty treasures on Southern Hospitality!

22 comments:

  1. gorgeous! I love shopping vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green shade the woodwork is painted is one of my favorites - I never could decide just what color green it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do make me laugh - the header is delightful. I have wanted something like that for the pear tree in the back but with each storm we seem to be losing it in sections. It may be gone before I find one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks like it was a really fun sale!
    love his townhouse and the window boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i adore the new header! love where you put the title. hehe!!!! you are the best !!! always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of my favorite things I've found have been in thrift stores and tag sales, from designer labels with their tags still on, to gilded picture frames for a mere song. These things had a life before landing in my hands, and are endlessly fascinating compared to the blandly beautiful things one comes across in most box stores. Thank you for reminding us of this rich legacy we have by seeing beauty in older things1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita... i love the idea of being green by recycling, or if you do something new with the item, up-cycling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I wish I had been with you for this tag sale! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful things! That candle chandelier was lovely. I only dream of that kind of sale happening here. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mighty clever with yur title hiding in the header.
    I love tag sales...man those candlesticks were yum yum, but the old man is the best.
    Fun Sunday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so what treasures did you go home with?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looked like great fun. The header is great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How absolutely fun! Those acid green planters are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was not your average, every day ordinary tag sale! I love that chandelier, and I agree with you: I would love to hang that beauty from a tree!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never even heard of a tag sale ! I would have loved to walk away with that chandelier !

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow this is my kinda tag sale, wish I could have snagged it ALL

    happy treasure hunting!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow , such beautiful things !
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooooh... I would have wanted it all! Classy stuff here! My type of sale. I'll be back to visit. I'm fascinated... Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. Meg, now THAT would have been a fun sale! Gorgeous things, thanks for joining the party today. I LOVE, love those lime green vases. Lots of goodies at that sale.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never would have thought that little old man was a candle holder. Great finds!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.