June 18, 2009

Ascot Preview

Again this year, our Ascot correspondent has attended Ladies Day and will be sending along pictures and commentary. However, I wanted to give you a brief preview of some of this year's hats and ladies (although in some cases, this term is used with care). You'd have to take care while walking under low doorways in this hat, which could be titled "Out of Africa".
Colour coordinated, right down to her scary fingernails! YIKES!
This hat is the stuff of childhood dreams - a great hat with horses on it!
This woman, Florence Claridge, had one of the most spectacular hats last year. It was hot pink with lots of orbiting rings.
Prinncesses Eugenie and Beatrice. Is the Princess and the Pea(hat)?
Jasmine Guinness with a Stephen Jones hat.
Check back for an Ascot report from our correspondent. He's very tall, so he can get the good pix of the royals!

13 comments:

  1. I love beatrice and eugenie.
    beatrice was born on 8/8/1988 at 8.08 pm if i remember correctly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun. I've been to the Derby, but never Ascot. These hats definitely top what I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, hats out of this world, love it!!!
    Seriously crazy fun, that's eccentric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are divine. I have a little ascot beauty posted( linked to your fab post) and am posting Architect Designs book picks tommorrow! Come by I have a Jaime Drake book to give away. la
    the little princesses do look great- I read Beatrice's jacket is topshop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like the Kentucky Derby on steroids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really weird looking hats but since its the season of Royal Ascot once again and they are all in the spirit of fun and supposedly Brit chicness ... I say those are pretty interesting hats out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress in image one is a rendition of Eliza Dolittle's dress in the film "My Fair Lady"...pity the hair creation.
    I find it interesting that the Royal box hats are so austere in comparison. They know they'll be photographed while the rest fight for the media attention.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These Ascot images conjure up many of my favorite Dr. Seuss books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the spirit of things and given your most excellent photoshop skills, what about a Pigtown Design Original Hat? Something with flying pigs perhaps? Great post. Have always loved hats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am swooning. I love hats! Florence Claridge's are always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow, those are indeed some hats.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.