October 10, 2008

Scalamandre Correspondence

After I posted the pictures of Scalamandre the other day, I got a comment and had an e-mail correspondence from Trish Connelly who works at Scalamandre. She mentioned that there's an outlet store on Scalamandre's website and that it's open to the public. You no longer have to buy their fabric through the trade.
Trish also has a blog where she talks about counterfeiting of Scalamandre fabrics. It's very interesting to see how often the fabrics are offered for sale, especially on Ebay, and they're knock-offs. Take a look at this interesting blog, you're sure to learn a thing or two!

Images: Scalamandre

9 comments:

  1. I just love that tent. I could imagine losing myself in it (in my bedroom) for a ocuple of hours each day, reading, drinking tea....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up!
    I'm checking it out now!!!
    I used to walk by their showroom nearly everyday when I lived in NYC, and hated that unwelcoming little sign TO THE TRADE ONLY.
    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting - I'm off to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm I bought some fabric on ebay recently and always felt I got ripped off somehow. it wsa in pieces and I felt like if I had just gone to the dec center it would have been cheaper. becuase it was in pieces and it took several times to buy enough, I could never figure out how much I had paid a yard! interesting post.d

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip, Meg.
    A friend recently purchased a handbag on ebay that was supposed to be by Coach, and when arrived, it still had tags on it. But the zipper broke, and the trim started cracking within a month or so. I wondered if it was a second, but apparently it must have been a knockoff.

    Love that cabana!

    -Lana

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very interesting. I'm going to read her blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The striped tent is fabulous!!!

    Also, in our experience you really must be careful buying fabrics & textiles on eBay (we mainly buy vintage and have had good and bad experiences.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.