October 28, 2008

Day 5

I had some family business to attend to this morning, so it was a quiet day. I was in Chelsea and stopped by some great places including Tricia Guild's two shops and William Yeoward's incredible store. I had a chance to meet and chat with Mr. Yeoward. It turns out we know someone in common, and that he's been to Baltimore several times. He was gracious, charming and funny. What a treat to meet someone so talented. I had received some of his crystal as a gift, but chipped one of the goblets when it tipped over in the sink, so stopped in to see who in the US could repair it.

This cheeky monkey is part of the Christmas decorations. Detail of a red wine glass.I love this chair with its hot pink back.
This orange was even more beautiful in person, and look at the purple and pink in the background!
I was just stunned by how beautiful this china is!
In the afternoon, I headed to one of my favourite places - Paperchase on Tottenham Court Road. It's their headquarters store and is filled with the most amazing papers. I adore their Morrocan crocodile textured papers, which I bought in browns, greys and an incredible red. I can't find anything nearly as nice in the US, and these are pretty inexpensive. I can't wait to do some creative things with them.

I headed up the street to Heal's and saw one of my favourite things on the trip. It's a crystal installation in the shape of a globe, with smaller crystals at the top, graduating to larger ones at the bottom.
Detail of the globe.
Alessi dental floss dispenser. He's only about two inches tall. Display wall.More heads.

Tomorrow, I head down to Wales for two days to see my ex-housemate and his two children. I am really excited about this! We have some fun things planned, so I know I will enjoy the time with them.

Talk soon!

12 comments:

  1. How fun that you went to Paperchase on Tottenham Court Road! I am going to drop by there, you know, sort of nonchalantly, to see if there's anything that catches my eye. HA! You know I'll love too many things. Thanks for the heads up about the headquarters :-)

    Have fun in Wales!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOP FLOOR! That's where all the amazing art papers are. Of course, everything else it great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You met William Yeoward! I'd go to london JUST for that -he's amazing! Sounds like you're having an amazing trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Paperchase! Wish I was there to meet up with you, next time xv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh, love Designers Guild. I always get in trouble there. Such a great aesthetic. Glad to hear everything went well with the museum. And you know, we may just get snow here too...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous ... William Yeoward! I want everything he's selling! Can't wait to see all your photos, Meg. Your trip sounds pretty great so far.

    -Lana

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm am more envious with every post. enjoy, meg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're giving me the travel bug! I'm positively swooning over the photos...especially the crystal globe - wowza. Loved all of the posts from your adventure, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. William Yeoward... I'm fainting. Love him and his china, his crystal, his fabric... I could go on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was in London you couldn't pry me out of Paperchase. I absolutely love that store. Think of using some of it for matting borders in framing.

    As for William Yeoward. Oh. My. God. The crystal. The china. The pieces in orange. Want. Want. WANT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maryam... i was just stunned by how incredible it was. They had it lit from above, with a fan pointing at it to make it move slightly. The thing just sparkled and flashed and was amazing. Just the work that went into stringing it so it was a perfect sphere is fascinating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.