August 14, 2010

Toile du Jour

I finally worked out the best way to finish up the Toile de Baltimore/Maryland, and that was to completely get rid of all of the colours and just pull it back to black and white. Because the photographs of the toile came from such different sources and were shot in such different lights and environments, getting rid of the colour was the only way I could assure that I got the same colour.maryland toile final copy Then I translated it into the traditional blueprint-blue on a white ground.maryland toile blue copy Ohhhh… maybe a little lighter. I also pulled back the contrast on this one, because we were thinking it looked too blotchy.maryland toile blue How about a nice rusty red?maryland toile maroon Or a bright Ravens purple?maryland toile ravens purple I think I am going to try and make it look more like an engraving, but that’s another few hours work!

Check out this link on Spoonflower to see a lot of other toiles that people have designed.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Meg I love Toilles and this one is gorgeous in all shades!!

    xoxo

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great work Meg, quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new look. The various colors distracted me from the images and gave the toile a more dated feeling Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue and white and the purple and white! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you ever / have you made this available for purchase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some printed but wasn't wild about how it turned out. Email me and we can chat.email is in profile.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.