August 11, 2010

The Missing Piece of the Puzzle

After a rather boozy lunch (I was off work this afternoon), we headed to a place where we hoped to find the missing piece of the Baltimore/Maryland toile. Toile de Marylandxx As you can see, there’s an incomplete section in the textile. The repeat is carriage, Statehouse, carriage… The second repeat is Mt. Vernon, ????, Mt. Vernon, ???

I had absolutely no clue what would be there, although I suspected a little that it might be another Baltimore landmark. Never in a million years did I guess it would be the statue of Francis Scott Key, author of the National Anthem. FSK Statue maryland toile 001 I worked a little on putting it together, and here’s some of what I came up with.maryland toile 008 I am going to have to put a lot more hours into this to make viable. We have investigated having it printed on Spoonflower, a digital fabric printer, and to do that, it’s got to be perfect!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Mweg congratulations on solving this puzzle!! Fabulous!

    Come and enter my Latest Giveaway!!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job! You are a bit Nancy Drew and a huge Textile Whore...like myself.

    Visit my blog, www.empressoftheeye.blogspot.com and
    sign up to win a beautiful pair of Fortuny's to rest your feet on after you have solved this puzzle.

    You are so ambitious....the fabric is going to be a wonder and I know you have no idea right now where this discovery will lead up to. Drapes at the Capital building perhaps? Draperies for the next show house in Baltimore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. TONS of WORK!!!!! Mercy! Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it!! great detective work & cant wait to see it on spoonflower!!
    xoxo,
    lauren

    ps- congrats on your online magazine too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.