August 1, 2010

Flowers on Sunday and a Cottage to Rent

No Farmers’ Market this morning, so I had to look closer to home to take a flower picture. Since my neighbour in the back hacked down all of the greenery on “his” side of the fence, I added clumps of bamboo sticks and am training some morning glories to fill them in. 8-1 001 I love their symmetry, which you can see even in the bud stage.8-1 008

I was reading the Guardian this morning and there was a feature on great cottages for rent. Of course, I chose the most unusual one, a former dovecot, called The Ducket. ducket2 It is on the coast in Northumberland, England and sleeps two. ducket_bedroomIt comes with wi-fi and a library.  It is close to Lindisfarne Castle, the Northumberland coastline ducket3 and Cheviot Hills.  Best of all it rents for £450 per week, which is about $700! Such a deal!

7 comments:

  1. Your photos are beautiful. I've never looked at my morning glories so closely in the bud stage. Thank you for inspiring a closer look.

    I love the Round Tower cottage and that part of the world is so mystical. I have traversed the sands with 15 rowdy youth from Christ Church,Georgetown about 11 years ago to Holy Island/Lindisfarne. It is such a magical part of the world. I love that you get "stuck" on the island with the tides. What a great find.
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, agree with Nell -- very mystical indeed. And yes, those tides are amazing. Love the tower, Meg; that bedroom is gorgeous. $700 a week for a vacation sounds very affordable. Combine it with another week in London, and you're good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even tho I just got home from vacation, that crisp salt air 'smells' wonderful. What a lovely spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.... the pictures and words were a joy to see and read... :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a deal!! And so amazingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could use a bit of that just about now *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.