August 6, 2010

Day-Oh!

It was one of those days today. A lot good and a little bad. Or maybe it was the other way ‘round.

I have Connor’s best friend, Halas, here for a few days while his parents are away on a family emergency, so waking up with 150+ lbs of dog surrounding me isn’t easy… for me or for Connor!01-18 003

The first phone call I got this morning was informing me that the house I was ready to put a contract on was already under contract. That was a huge shock, since the selling agent had not indicated that there was any other interest, and the house has been on the market for more than a year.

I had coffee today with Jamie Shelman and her husband Thomas Meyer, both very talented artists and graduates of the Rhode Island School of Design. They’ve just moved to Baltimore from the island of Martha’s Vineyard. Jamie Shelman Grass Stains I’ve been e-mailing back and forth with Jamie for about two years, so it was such fun to finally put a face with the name. We had a great time, and already have plans to meet again and introduce them to some artists I know.

There was another nice media mention in our local on-line paper, The Examiner. The “Baltimore Interior Design Examiner” examined me, and I answered a few questions for her. You can read it here.

We are going to work on creating a complete picture of the Baltimore Toile, so stay tuned for our efforts on that front!

Bon weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Keep at it with the house search. It can be discouraging, but you will land the perfect house with time.

    Cute photo of Connor. He looks so content.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. We dog sat last weekend and our lab was not happy. She wouldn't even look at her "cousin" on day one.

    Attention and food to be shared. No way.

    Sorry about the house. Maybe their contract will fall through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading your blog for about a year as a new transplant to Baltimore and really enjoy it.

    Sometimes you post about things that are oddly parallel to stuff in my life.

    Last weekend my husband and I lost a contract on a house we had been negotiating on for a week when an 11th hour bid scooped it up on Saturday morning when we were $2500 apart on price. Now we're on to a totally different house. I feel like we lost that one for a reason as we are in love with the one we're negotiating on now.

    There's so many out there! You'll find the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back at you. I have no doubt that the perfect house will turn up. As for 150 lbs. of dog--doesn't it feel great to be loved that much? Have a great week-end. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always such a joy to meet fellow bloggers in person. I wish it would happen more often. I am sorry for Halas' parents, I hope all goes o.k. for their family. A very good interview Meg with the BIDE. Being naive, I have never heard of the term 'rough luxe'. I like it and I would say that those elements are what makes room quite interesting & fun in my wee opinion. I'm deeply sorry about you discovering there was a contract on the house you were hoping to acquire. We had the opposite news this week. A Finnish family we thought were going to put an offer on ours decided to go with another home. We came in as #2. Story of my life!
    Here's to a better week ahead for us both ~ deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.