July 9, 2009

Jamie Drake in My Mailbox

Do you know Little Augury? She's relatively new to the blogging world, just starting in January. She's currently doing a series of interviews about books with some of the most influential bloggers, including An Aesthete's Lament, Mrs. Blandings, JCB and my friend, the late, great House of Beauty & Culture.
In conjunction with some of these interviews, she's giving away some of her books, and I was lucky enough to be chosen to receive Jamie Drake's New American Glamour. It arrived at my office this mornning beautifully wrapped in fabulous pink paper.
Oh, my gosh! What a gorgeous book! I can NOT wait to spend some time reading through this book and studying the pictures.
Thank you so much, Little Augury!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful book :) I've been looking for some new inspirational books - let me know if it's worth digging in to! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great book Meg - enjoy, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SEE. Good news, good luck already. You really deserve this treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! love that header!! so strong and graphic. I so hope you enjoy the book - I got a copy for Me too, thanks for the nod and for continually checking in. la

    ReplyDelete
  5. LA... that's the porch railing on the house where I grew up. I love the mossy look of it.

    Thanks again for the book. It's really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful book. I'll be sure to check out Little Augury's interviews... sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to hear him at the Corcoran on Tuesday-can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you won this book from my interview with her, although I wouldn't call myself an 'influential blogger' LOL. This is a keeper book, not one for the bookthing! I plan to reread this book this weekend as Jamie is giving a lecture at the Corcoran museum here in DC this upcoming Tuesday - I'll be there, you should come down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What happiness! And so beautifully wrapped too. Perfect reading for the weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pink paper always makes a gift beautiful! Books are a very favorite thing to give or receive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.