August 25, 2013

Weekend Update: Late August

What a gorgeous weekend we had here in the mid-Atlantic. Clear, cool and cloud-free! In fact, on Saturday night, I was chilly. I had been at a dinner and we ate outside. Once the sun went down, the temperature fell to about 61* and I got a chill. I had to turn on the heated seats in my car on the way home! In August!!! Who’d have ever thought. The whole evening was worth every second, especially getting to meet the host’s newest acquisition, Miss Peale, on the left. The one on the right is going to live with friends! Not a whole lot cuter than a couple of eight-week old Jack Russells!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I had planned to go to an auction on Saturday morning, but about halfway there, I decided that it was too pretty a morning to spend it inside at the auction rooms. There were really only a few lots that I was interested in, and they had high estimates on them or else there was more in the lot that I didn’t want than what I did want.

I’d have liked to swoop up this bar-cart, but I don’t really have a place in my house for it. Also, it was a bit too orange for me.

Maybe it was owned by the same person who owned these crazy Mid-Century Modern chairs!

I liked this lot of silverplate, but I still have a bunch of pieces from the last auction.

I did go to a yard sale Saturday morning and grabbed this fun piece.lightI haven’t decided what I am going to do with it yet. Any suggestions?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Friday morning, I went to the huge annual yard sale at the Greek Church that’s a half a block from our offices. What a bonanza! imageSince I was practically the first person there, I got first pick. imageIsn’t there a whole genre of blogs of vlogs that just show the “haul” from a shopping trip? Ugh. There were three or four other rooms filled with furniture, books and baby and children’s gear. I am sure that they made a ton of money to support the good works that the church does – in fact, they were very generous to the children at the organization where I used to work.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I want to thank everyone who took the time to fill out the survey I had last week. If you didn’t yet have a chance to answer the fewer than 20 questions, there’s still time. The survey is here. Anyone who fills out the survey before September 1st, and leaves their name, will be entered into a drawing for Mark Hampton’s On Decorating book. Your input will be invaluable as I move forward with Pigtown*Design! Thanks!

8 comments:

  1. I know what you can do with the chandelier you got

    SEND IT TO MY HOUSE LOL

    you did get some nice things at the sale

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen those multicolored tole fixtures repainted completely white (or any other solid color for that matter) and look quite attractive in the proper setting.

    Meg, will the iced tea spoons be in your Etsy shop? I actually have been looking for some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be on the etsy site. look for them this evening. xo

      Delete
  3. The chandelier is wonderful. If I were advising a client, here's what I would recommend... "Doctor" it up as little as possible. The green of the leaves look to be in good condition. Perhaps choose one color for the flowers but don't make it look too perfect. Touch up the white here and there, rewire and use a 25 watt round chandelier bulb. The beauty of this tole chandelier is its age and the character that comes with that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy some blue & white at the church sale + great haul + adorable puppies. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Majolica platters!! Want them!!! :) I missed the survey....will fill out next.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.