August 7, 2013

I’ll Take This: Upper Floor Flat

My family and I spent much of a summer in the Cotswolds, and as we explored the are around it, we became more and more enchanted with the area. Just so many gorgeous buildings, sweet towns and stunning gardens. When I saw this real estate listing for an upper floor flat in the horse-crazy, Regency town of Cheltenham, I knew I wanted to look at the details!

From the listing: Sherborne House is an attractive former Country Home, situated in a quiet backwater of this most charming and popular Cotswold National Trust village. Pleasantly situated beside the parish church of St Mary's Magdalene imageand well positioned within approximately 12 acres of naturally landscaped communal grounds.

No.16 situated to the rear and on the first floor, accessed via the original reception hall, offering entrance hall, formal drawing room, kitchen,imagethree bedrooms and two bathrooms. imageNo.16 also benefits from parking and hree en bloc garages with attic room.

Honestly, I don’t think I’d even care what the flat looked like if I had access to a great courtyard like this!

image

One of the things I like about UK property listings is that they’re required to have a layout of the space.imageSo, if I was considering this property, I’d have a re-think – three bedrooms and three baths are all great, but there’s no space other than the drawing room to get away from everyone. imageAnd the drawing room doesn’t look all that huge!

So I’d just look outside again and realize how gorgeous this property is… with the pond imageand greenhouse.image

Details are here, and the price is a reasonable £400,000.

3 comments:

  1. Sold, I would love it + would turn one of the bedrooms into an office. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's what you do darling :)
    1) rip out the bathroom and cupboard in master bedroom. make that one big room.

    2) create a large opening / doorway between drawing room and master bedroom.

    3) convert master to dining room / library with bookcases.

    4) let me stay in small guestroom when I visit :)

    x Loi

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green house looks like haven. And the pond is amazing, specially the way it reflects the green house facade!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.