August 9, 2013

Bosom Buddy

My childhood friend, Andrea, and her partner, Karin, are the most creative gals I know! They’ve parlayed their love of handbags, cuffs, necklaces, bright colours and tortoiseshell into a great business, Bosom Buddy Bags. A few weeks ago, before the gals took off on a multi-city gift show tour, I had a chance to stop by their warehouse just north of Baltimore and see what’s new for the coming seasons.

If you’re like me, you’re on a constant quest to find the perfect bag – large enough for everything you need for your day, but also large enough to hold files, an iPad, a notebook and more, but still have it look smart and chic.

The gals have scored a home run with this bag, and it comes in several fabulous colours, including black and a great orange, which, surprisingly, can be a neutral. It also has a small pouch inside for your tablet!

But bright colours are really their stock in trade, and they’ve expanded their line this year.

Lots of fun cuff bracelets, in brights, black and tortoiseshell.

Each one has a different motif on it, and you can mix and match colours and motifs!

Also new this year are pendant necklaces, hung from tortoiseshell links.

Seriously, these are calling to me… can you hear them?

Again, pick your motif, pick your colour.

Of course, Bosom Buddy Bags’ stock in trade is their range of bags. For the summer, their woven bags are perfect and can be as fun or as elegant as you choose.
And they even have elegant bags for wintertime – velvet and grosgrain, feathers and frogs.

They have a new line of clutches and small zipped bags for those occasions that you don’t want a huge bag.

Here’s one of their bags at a summer party.image

To find a stockist in your area, please click here.

21 comments:

  1. But Meg, orange is the absolute perfect neutral color for any Orioles fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg,

    The woven bags are super cute. I hope, since they are your friends, that you will be getting a great discount! :o)))

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I'm back to blogging again! Would you consider adding me to your bloglist again? Thank you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cuffs!! Love the bags, too. Am on my way to see where they are available in LA.
    Thanks--can't wait to see what your week-end brings.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orange is a popular team color. The last image of the scalloped hemmed orange sheath accessorized with the alligator clutch well, that belongs to a University of Florida supporter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are great! need to see where they are in my neck of the woods + thank you. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that little frog! My youngest son is wild about frogs. Is it a detachable brooch accessory, or is it permanently affixed to the evening bag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think that it's on the bag, but they will do the frog on other pieces.

      Delete
  8. Meg, I have admired their bags for a few years but their price point was too high for my business. Just spoke with them at the New York accessory show and found that there was a lower price point for me!
    I placed an order.
    I am excited to finally sell their bags and it was so nice to meet them- very nice ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meg, this is a beautiful line of bags and accessories. I've seen them at a local shop and have one of the Ata grass bags. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sarah... their bags are great. everyone loves the one i have!

      Delete
  10. seriously cute stuff, love that black bag and the alligator clutch!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.