September 19, 2012

Some Things….

It’s no secret that I {heart} Baltimore, and it’s always fun to see who else loves it, too. The New York Times is going to give it some love this weekend in their “36 Hours in…” column. On Sunday, September 23rd, it will be 36 Hours in Baltimore. Read it here.imageThe Times and I are in agreement about a lot of the places they suggest, including the Poe House, above center, which I’ve written about before. You might notice I’ve never written about picking crabs. I’m allergic to crabs, and also can NOT stand picking them. Horrible, barbaric thing.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

At great risk of jinxing things, I must say that Connor’s really settled down since I started working from home a few days a week. Today, he purposely went downstairs to find Baby and brought him back upstairs. His talents don’t extend to making Baby sit up, but the light was good and I thought this was a lovely image. Connor + Baby. connor & babyBaby’s looking a bit raggedy these days, and is missing an ear and an arm, but Connor’s loves him nevertheless.

I Furminated Connor this afternoon and I could knit another dog with what I get from him. I have to believe he likes being Furminated because he doesn’t try to get away from me.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

My fun neighbours (as opposed to the Urban Appalachian dude across the street), are having a yard sale this weekend and have invited me… or rather, I invited myself to join the fun. You might have noticed that I’ve slacked off on my Etsy shop recently, mainly because the photographing, editing, posting, mailing, etc. are all too time-consuming with my new job. yard sale

I am de-accessioning some of my fabrics, including Schumacher linens, gorgeous toiles, Lilly Pulitzer prints, Chinoiserie prints and more. Also, there will probably be some design books, some silverplate pieces, glassware and china. The sale is from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. yard sale2X marks the spot, or e-mail me for specific directions. I am now Squared Up, so I can take credit cards! This is the greatest thing EVER!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Someone asked me how I lit the chandelier that I showed the other day on my Farmhouse Glam post. It’s lit by candles. I’ve hung it low enough on the branch that it’s not in any danger of burning down the tree, and high enough that it’s no danger to Connor. I can’t wait for it to snow this winter, as I think the chandelier will look amazing in the snow… sort of like Dr. Zhivago.

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that Connor is doing better with you at home. I love the shot of him with his baby. My little girl loved her favorite toy to death. It is now two little rags, but she still searches the house for them, rather than play with any of her newer toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son still has his "silkie" (somewhere) + he lives in NY, all grown up. Photo's so grand! Good luck to you all. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually the better of the two babies. The other one, Army, has no arms. and no stuffing. and no squeeker.

      Delete
  3. Wow that fabric looks too wonderful to sell. Donate to a textile museum- My closet is a candidate, I suppose any seamstress has a veritable walk through fashion with scraps of fabric from early polyester to late polyester.-- I mean what was early polyester from the 70s ? how much it has changed however, my piles of fabric will wait as I am far too busy rinsing my rice to rid arsenic from my food and vacuuming the dust bunnies laden with DNA altering fire retardant chemicals - each time I sit on my furniture these chemical fall to the ground embed in my rugs and create an unhealthy environment called my home ARGG Thankfully the chair I sit in as I write this is solid wood no computer chair on wheels for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Being someone who likes to decorate with chandeliers, I love the idea of hanging one outside. I hope you will post a photograph of it lit, when it has snowed. I think that the effect will be magical!
    Bye for now,
    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! The early forecasts are calling for a snowy winter.

      Delete
  5. I just might have to stop by for your yard sale. Looking for Lilly prints for my nieces. It will also be a good opportunity to finally say "hi" to you. Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  6. We also have a "Connor." Just be careful that you still leave him regularly as ours became more upset being left after someone was with him "all" of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in and out enough that he's alone about half the time.

      Delete
  7. Oh how I wish I was closer! I love all of your finds. I was just going to suggest to you that you seel your things on OKL!!! But if the store is too time consuming than that might be too.

    I love Conor and his little baby. So cute. I am sure that he is calmed down because you are there. How nice that you can work from home.

    Take care, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.