September 10, 2012

Pumpkin Patch Dispatch: Part 5

Yesterday, while I was out back with Connor, I saw my neighbour immediately to my south. I had told her when I planted the pumpkins along our common fence, which is really hers, that she could have any of the pumpkins on her side. I knew that there was at least one, which had pulled off the fence because of its weight,but she pointed out another that I’d not previously seen!

Most of the pumpkins are turning orange, and I initially thought the ones that got the most sun turned orange first, but this isn’t the case.This big one, which is under my tomato cages, has almost completely turned, while this one, in full sun, is just starting.

There are a few more that I’ve spotted. This one…

and this one,

and this…

However, I am pretty confident that after the leaves all die, which many of them are, I will find one or two more pumpkins.

I love how you can see the veining where the orange is starting to come through.This has been a fun project!

12 comments:

  1. Fun indeed. Can't wait to see what you do with these beauties. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure that I will be able to bring myself to cut into them!

      Delete
  2. OMG... those are GORGEOUS! Are they wee tiny, or are they jack-o-lantern carving size? Hard to tell from the pics since there's no hand or foot in the photos to compare with. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcheline... they're about 8 to 10 inches. Some a little longer, some a little rounder.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They're pretty easy to grow. I started these in egg cartons, and then when they got their secondary leaves, I transplanted them.

      Delete
  4. Oh My what beauties! xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those guys are gorgeous. Beautiful. Can't wait to see what else you will do with them...pies?
    Congrats. Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I could POSSIBLY plunge a knife into one of these!

      Delete
  6. What does Connor think of them?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.