September 18, 2012

Another Style Quiz

I have to admit that I am a sucker for style quizzes, mainly because they get it so wrong.  Am I really a Glamourous Classic? Or a Elegant Romantic? Certainly not an Antiquated Espresso!

Home Goods has another style quiz, and the answer to this one was, I thought, pretty spot on. Farmhouse Glam!imageFarmhouse Glam is the delicate, exquisite balance between beautiful femininity and rustic nonchalance. She's all about the discovery of unexpected sparkle amidst the less polished. She wears high heels and a denim jacket, a string of pearls and bare feet. And her home feels as special as it does comfortable.

My mother despairs that I have an industrial steel case in my living room – but it’s to hold my shoe collection. My desk is a steel commercial kitchen counter, but there’s a huge ornate gilt-framed bulletin board above it, with both computer cables and strands of pearls and beads hanging from it. I’ve worn heels and a denim jacket, as well as a ball skirt, cashmere sweater and cowboy boots. I like the Rough Luxe philosophy.imageFarmhouse Glam is very approachable elegance, layering texture rather than color to create a look that is modern and rustic. Chandeliers above picnic tables. Ornate candlesticks alongside weathered pieces. Dress up a picnic table with formal china.

The chandelier isn’t above the picnic table, but hanging from a tree branch in my back yard. chandelierI do use my best china and crystal for a picnic in the back yard – I can just as easily break it out there as in the dining room. And that’s my Ghost chair out there, too!image

You can take the quiz here, and then come back and share what you are!

29 comments:

  1. The Traveler. Apparently I've never gotten over my World Bazaar phase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's too funny! i wish we had a world bazaar near me. they have some fun things. the closest one is about 40 miles. :-(

      Delete
  2. I am - they say - "Sassy and a touch Classic". Interesting combo, maybe it's due the the cooler temperatures. Fun test - thanks,
    f&f

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually scheduled a blog post of my own with this for Sunday. My results were classic with a touch of boho. I did not like anything in their classic set. I always get off results; I must defy categorization. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually get strange combinations, too. But this seemed pretty close.

      Delete
  4. Nuts! This one says I am "sassy boho". That is miles off. I chose what I thought were three girly pink images and two striped things...BOHO?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm urban funk and a touch of boho!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apparently, I am "New Country". I will go along with that, sounds spot on for me.
    A nice bit of fun - thanks :-)
    Di
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would say I'm "Elegant Bohemian" with a touch of " Canine Chic" for the blanket of dog hair on everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure I'd have to add the 'canine chic' as connor sheds bucketloads.

      Delete
  8. I always suspected that I had no style, and now I have proof. Not a single one of those images "spoke" to me, so I have no results.

    By the way, do you really have an outdoor chandelier? Is it electrically safe? It sure is a great image.
    --Road to Parnassus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chandelier is candle-lit and hangs well enough below the branches as not to be a danger. And I don't light it a lot, although I am looking forward to seeing it lit during our first snow!

      Delete
  9. Boho. I laughed when I read the description, b/c the website said that I like footstools and the like. As it just so happens, I just recently purchased a yellow and white footstool for the sun porch. I think total Boho doesn't quite catch my style, but I think it captures my attraction to bright colors. -- waterloverus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought there was one style that was "set sail" or something like that. i am surprised you didn't get that one!

      Delete
  10. Took the test: turns out that I'm a "Vegas Baby" with a touch of "BoHo". This duo suits me very well!

    It explains my fondness for enriched colours in my interiors. I happily live (for the past dozen years) with a deep coloured old-fashioned cabbage rose chintz mixed with red tartan accessories. Can you can believe it?

    There are nine colours in the chintz which has a background colour of wine. I love rummaging for the growing number of accessories, in red tartan, to add to the mix!

    It all works for me: makes me feel instantly 'at home' the moment I walk in the door.
    This Vegas Baby/BoHo moniker works for me too.
    Great post!

    Linda Simpson.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Modern Metro and a touch Urban Funk.... Don't tell my wife! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a socialite. Who knew? I picked colorful fabric, pearls and diamond (reminds me of the mirror I'm using for a backsplash in my new kitchen—the one that also has tool boxes for an island). I avoided Jr League like the plague and now that I'm in my 60s, it's come back to haunt me!

    Love the mix the high/low, the rough lux. The socialite not so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great. I'd love to see pix of the tool box island!

      Delete
  13. I am a vegas baby. which is ok with me! xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Meg, No surprise here: I'm a classic. Darn --I've been trying to morph into boho!
    Thanks for the fun!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm also farmhouse glam. Oh well, off to clean the pig sty with a pearl-encrusted shovel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.