September 24, 2012

I’ve Got Nothin’

I stayed up way too late watching the Ravens and New England. Luckily, the Ravens won in the last seconds. It was an emotional game, as the younger brother of one of our players, Torrey Smith, had been killed in a motorcycle accident early Sunday morning. Torrey scored two of the touchdowns in the game. caroline and torreyHere’s Torrey with my friend Caroline.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The yard sale on Saturday went really well. It was lots of fun and I sold a lot of my things.yard sale3I still have a few of the fabrics left, including the two on the right and a large piece of Lilly Pulitzer linen. Let me know if you’re interested.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Gratuitous Connor picture: I found him sound asleep on the messy rug, back to back with Big Lambie. connor and lambieConnor likes to have his back against something.

5 comments:

  1. I would love the fabric. Please let me know what I need to do. I need enough yardage to cover a Kittinger Lady's Chair (open arms). My email is
    elsjgeo@aol.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ms. Fielding,
    You were so gracious to my daughter and me at your yard sale on Saturday. I have to tell you that the Lily green dragon fabric has already been made into a large and beautiful pillow. We purchased some petite Virginia Metalcrafters brass leaf ashtrays, a few cookbooks and some kitchen ware from your lovely neighbors and left feeling as if we had really scored.
    It was so kind of you to tell us of other yard sales in your area and while we visited a few we did not sense the friendliness that we felt in your neighborhood.
    Now I'm going to admit to an "Emily Litella" moment. We were speaking about Reggie Darling and you mentioned his visit to Baltimore earlier this summer and that you were fortunate to host a "hot dog party" for him followed by a pleasant dinner in Hampden. Imagine how relieved I am that I did not blurt out "You served hot dogs to Reggie Darling???" and "What the dickens is a hot dog party?" It was only as we were driving away that I realized that you had said cocktail party and that I was fortunate that I had not humiliated myself in front of one of my favorite blog authors. So never mind.

    With regards,
    Elizabeth Speicher

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for Torrey's loss! Glad you had a good yard sale. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connor is such a dear sweet boy! I love the fabric that is second from the right....can't tell what the first commenter is interested in. Please let me know when it is convenient! Prayer's for Torrey's loss! So tragic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big Lambie that is very cute!

    Talking of NFL I gather there is some fracas over in the US about referees?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.