May 21, 2014

A Visit to Treillage

When I was in NYC in April, I took some time to stop by Bunny Williams’ terrific shop Treillage. They’ve consolidated to one location – in an old blacksmith’s shop on East 75th Street, which is full of character. The charming southern gentleman, Jackson McCard runs the shop and was there to show me what was new in stock.

As you enter Treillage, you are struck by two things: one is how much there is to see, and two is how unique the items are. It’s a clear indication of Bunny Williams’ unerring eye, and how that translates into all that she does. One more thing – You’re not going to find the stock that Treillage has in any or every other shop.

The shop combines pieces for the garden and pieces for the home, whether it is your home in the city or the house in the country.

Because Treillage is in a old blacksmith’s shop, it’s filled with natural light from skylights and windows, and some well-placed mirrors which bounce the light around.

One of the pieces that totally captivated me was this classic X-bench…

perfectly rendered in CEMENT!

Another piece was this faux bois bench, also rendered in cement. That’s the shop puppy checking out the bench!!

Here are some more of my favourite pieces:I just loved everything in the shop and would cheerfully move right in there!

For more information visit Treillage or stop by the shop on East 75th Street on the Upper East Side of New York!

28 comments:

  1. I had to look twice at the bench just to make sure you weren't telling lies. I still cannot believe my eyes - cement!

    This looks to be the type of shop I could spend a few hours (and dollars) in. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look, touch and then sit on the bench to make sure! It's really quite amazing!

      Delete
  2. OK - that bench is amazing. When I first read that it captivated you I thought - well, gee - we've all seen this bench before...then I scrolled down and read - cement! Oh, I would love this shop - I probably couldn't afford a thing in it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the most beautiful cachepot that looks like an exotic bird there! It is a reproduction of a planter owned by the late great Sister Parish. Bunny Williams does indeed have an unerring eye, and truly everything there is gorgeous. Now I need to visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those runners on either side of the treillage in the first photo, which could prettily replace the seagrass that was stained during the aircon leak. I wonder if they have them in the store here. They look Tibetan, so maybe they're in store to "accessorise". I will make inquiries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure they're Dash & Albert rugs because Bunny's got a partnership with them.

      Delete
  5. Amazing! I would be thrilled to visit Bunny's shop one day, my kind of style!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. love everything in miss bunny's shop + must take a trip to NY. thanks xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a must-see if you go to nyc and love design!

      Delete
  7. Can you believe it, as much as I love Bunny I have never been to Treillage! I just rarely get that far up the UES. Next trip for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meg - Seeing that bench is wild. I wonder if it is made by the same person (Richard Taylor out of Atlanta) as this one:
    http://mynottinghill.blogspot.com/2010/06/its-not-leather-its-concrete.html I'm guessing it is. The one from Chicago in 2010 was stained. It looks like the one you saw was painted. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it is! And I wonder if he also did the faux bois bench.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It is! I wish we had something like this in Baltimore!

      Delete
  10. Sigh, sigh, sigh---so beautiful and a poodle puppy!!
    Thanks for this uplifting post.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love faux bois. Many old homes in Riverside, CA have faux bois porches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds interesting. I would love to see pix!

      Delete
  12. One day. And I am taking a card with a high limit. John Rosselli has an eye for blue and white.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Mies wasn't always concerned with comfort in his design, but I doubt he imagined the Barcelona ottoman in concrete. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how detailed it is. I really had to look and touch to make sure of what it was made of!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.