January 20, 2014

Missed It By That Much!

When we were kids, the show “Get Smart” was on in re-runs in the afternoons, and it was a toss up which I loved more, Get Smart or the Addams Family. imageOne of Maxwell Smart’s signature lines was “I missed it by that much”, and that’s what I’ve done.

I had meant to post on the occasion of my 2000th post, and share that accomplishment with you all. What I had really wanted to do was publish my 2000th post on my eighth anniversary, but some slacking on my part over the Christmas holidays made me a little short on posts. image

My 1000th post was on January 5, 2011 when I posted about this sweet little settee I saw sitting in front of a local consignment shop. image

I average about 284 posts a year, mostly on a Monday through Friday schedule. Sometimes it’s simple to find something to write about and other times, I wrack my brain to come up with something. It helps a lot that I read several papers on-line each day and subscribe to lots of blogs, and that’s where some of my topics are generated. I see something that I piques my interest, and then I start following a thread. Off I go, until I find something that interests me, and hopefully interests you, too.

Once again, thanks for following along with me, and for reading what I write! imageHere’s to the next 2,000!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations Meg! I am guessing that I have read about 1500 of your posts...I may not always comment but I almost always read -some times a week behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Meg, Congratulations on yet another milestone. What is most impressive is not the sheer number, but the consistent quality and variety that can only come from true passion and dedication.
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Meg - but you make it looks so easy! Here is to many more x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a prolific and entertaining writer. It is a pleasure to read your posts. They're always original and personal.

    You're an inspiration.

    xo J

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am kind of late to the party but I am so glad I found you. I originally started to reading your blog because I married someone from Baltimore and he is the best. I have enjoyed going "out the road" and our kids playing in the alleys. I LOVE steamed crabs and Ocean City and I love reading about Connor. Keep up the good work and Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Meg, Congratulations! I can't believe that it is 2000 and that I have probably read 1500 of your fantastic posts. Thank you so much for the many years of awaking to Pigtown Design.
    xoxox Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. many congratulations + adore your post. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always learn new and interesting things from your post, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't remember which country we were living in when I found you blog, but when the internet was up and running, I read your blog first thing in the morning (still do!). Thank you for bringing a little bit of the USA to, at times, a very lonely expat who was living thousands of miles away from home.
    Debbie W

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Meg, I love your blog and look for it every day. Thank you so much.
    Francie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Meg! Pigtown Design was the first blog that I read and I have to say that the fact that I know you personally hasn't biased my opinion. I enjoy the eclectic nature of the posts and the fact that you do not write about a topic just because it's popular.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to everyone for their kind words and good wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.