January 21, 2014

Another Snow Day

Although we didn’t get snow like we did in 2010 when we had 25+ inches in one day, today was still a snow day. And since I live at the bottom of a valley close to a semi-major road, I could hear the cars struggling to make it up the hill all day long. So I was thrilled to get an early morning e-mail saying not to come into work. 2014-01-21_12-13-21_421

I decided to make the most of the day and “accomplish things”. I made a cashmere cover for a pillow that will be one of the auction items at the annual Groundhog Day Party we’re hosting in a few weeks to benefit the Baltimore Architecture Foundation. 2014-01-21_12-01-19_298The cashmere is a chocolate brown in a moss pattern. It feels fabulous and will look even better when I add some leather buttons to the reverse. I also did a lot of reading and made some gingerbread, which made the house smell amazing.

Connor loves this weather! At least five times, he went outside and sat in the snow until I couldn’t stand it anymore and made him come inside. 2014-01-21_12-51-20_2412014-01-21_13-09-05_659IMG_20140121_1404142014-01-21_19-06-37_138

It kind of freaks me out that he sits out there, but since it makes him happy, why not?

31 comments:

  1. I think Connor is making doggie snow angels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when i looked out later, i saw a lot of indentations in the snow!

      Delete
  2. Isn't he funny. Like it's comfy sprawling out in snow!

    Cats are stir crazy. I might just throw then out the window.

    Stay warm and safe.

    xo J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i only let him stay for about 15 minutes at a time. it makes ME cold!

      Delete
  3. This made me laugh out loud. Love that Connor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connor always makes me smile. How wonderful to have such a funny character who enjoys life!

    I love the pillow too. Be safe in the snow and the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that his baby out there next to him?? He's a Lab and probably thinks this weather is heaven sent. My greyhound was running around our tiny courtyard like a madman...in 2010, my old grey ran up and down the street, jumping and twirling. Since there were 3 ft of snow I knew she couldn't get far and it was so fun to see. This grey, the back yard is more his speed...pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a pig bird-house that just fell in the last day or so. We have a theme going at my house.

      Delete
  6. Love Connor! Stay snug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks so cute just sitting. there. I think Lucy may need a coat. She loves being outside, but in this weather she is less interested in doing so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure he's wild about the coat, but he doesn't resist it, either!

      Delete
  8. How funny he likes it! you can't get me inside OUT of it fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why do people run into the frigid waters? Perhaps the cold is giving his weary joints a reprieve and he feels invigorated. I would imagine perhaps , the quiet to our ears means he can hear what we can't ,another new stimulation for your Connor, another window of his world has opened during the Winter. Or Meg, Maybe your house is too hot? He does have a fur coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not hot in this house at all! When we woke up this morning, it was 54* in here. I keep it in the low 60's most of the time. I like a cooler house.

      Delete
  10. I love Connor's coat. So handsome. Stay safe and warm.
    xoxo
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. aren't dogs the best? + love your pillow. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Labs and snow! My female Lab loves to dive in drifts (when we have them), bury herself and then dash out for more fun. We are presently in a drought in northern New Mexico, so your great snow pics are a welcome site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loves to push his face into the snow and snuffle around. Not sure what he's looking for. But when he comes up and his face is snow-covered, he looks so funny!

      Delete
  13. Basil loves the snow, too, unlike Pompey, who hated it. Last night Basil burrowed into the snow drifts, completely burying himself under it. He had a lovely time of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I pray it's not the case for Connor but my dog did that to numb some serious pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't look like it, Nancy. I will check him out though.

      Delete
  15. It always makes me smile, how much dogs love the snow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.