January 9, 2014

Antiques Show & Tell

After the past few weeks of endless parties, visits to friends and families, I am ready to get back to my no-routine routine!

To start, I am heading to Washington, DC, just a short hop on the MARC train which now runs on weekends and costs $7.00. Seriously, you can’t drive and park for that amount! I am going to the Washington Winter Antiques Show at American University. image

The theme for the 2014 show is Southern Celebrations: Traditions Handed Down. The program celebrates the South at its best, a culture rich in memorable traditions that have transcended generations.

On Saturday morning, the Show is presenting an appraisal clinic where visitors can bring up to three pieces and have them appraised. If I wasn’t going down on the train, you can bet I’d be hauling three pieces down to have them appraised. Wonder how much Dr. Harris is worth?Harris EdwardThe cost is $10 per item, and if you find that you’ve got a huge treasure you never knew about, it’s a great bargain! (And you don’t need to buy a ticket to the show to have an appraisal done, although you should!)

One of my favourite people, Julia Reed, is giving a lecture on Saturday afternoon. You may know Julia from her writing at Garden & Gun, the New York Times and numerous books. imageShe’s hilarious and will be so much fun to see!

The best part of the day will be meeting up with fellow bloggers and friends, Stefan from Architect Design, and Michele from My Notting Hill.

Tickets to the show are here.

7 comments:

  1. I will look for you in the train station as I go to Baltimore. If you are free for dinner, call me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound sounds a bit like Antique Roadshow. I like the poster, old Americana.
    Have a good time.
    Di
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! Patrick uses the MARC train whenever we meet up in DC. Love the header pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a trip after my own heart! + take lots of photos + can't wait to see the photos + appraisals sound great. Have a wonderful time. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fantastic day. Please take your trusty camera.
    xoxo Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy the Marc is running weekends now -I will be getting up to Baltimore more often! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Julia Reed. She is one crazy funny lady. Have a wonderful time and Design Sleuth try to find out why she sold her house in NOLA that she wrote that lovely book about!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.