November 30, 2010

Last Call for Holiday Shop Hop!

A few people have mentioned to me how excited they are about the Holiday Shop Hop on Saturday, but it’s actually FRIDAY, December 3rd!shopping bag

I have had two people drop from the tour due to family emergencies, so if you’re interested, there’s still room. The line up for the tour is:

  • 9:00 – Meet at Housewerks Architectural Antiques, where we will have coffee and wonderful French pasties from Bonaparte Breads in Fells Point.
  • 10:00 – Head to McLain Wiesand to see David’s amazing artisan furniture and his selection of antiques and vintage pieces. On the last tour, someone bought a great little velvet camelback settee.
  • 11:00 – Red Tree, a unique shop in the little “village” of Hampden. Red Tree’s two floors of one-of-a-kind accessories, jewelry and furniture are such fun.
  • 12:00 – Lunch. Still undecided where to take you. It will depend on the weather. No worries, we’re not eating outside.
  • 1:15 – Turnover Shop – Antique silver, dish and glassware, furniture and more, consigned from Baltimore’s finest homes.
  • 2:15 – Gore-Dean – Curated selection of some of the most fabulous home accessories.
  • 3:00 – Back downtown and to Mount Clare for their Christmas and Greens Sale.

As a bonus, if there’s time, we can head to DeBois to check out their selection of high-end fabrics at low-down prices! (haha! I just made that up…). DeBois, Mount Clare and Housewerks are all within a quarter of a mile of each other.

There will be a few mini-vans and if we car pool, it will be a lot easier to keep together for parking.

Please e-mail me if you need details. I hope to see you on Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Just read that your friend Nate Berkus is hospitalized for appendicitis.....so sorry to hear that. Hopefully he will be well recovered for the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg, I wish I could join you!!! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I just went to David's blog. I was heading towards a more minimalist and spiritual life. I think I have changed my mind. Thank you for the introduction. I would pay money and fly from far away for a tour of his studio. The minimalist idea is a little ridiculous because I have a chair addiction. I haven't bought any in the last two years though. I counted them last night. I have 66. But that's in two houses. Love your doll house. It's charming. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would go in a heartbeat! Shame about the distance.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a goodtime! Next time I'm down there we'll have to drop by the Turnover Shop - in between bloddy marys with bacon of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the Bonaparte pastry...I go to our Del Ray farmer's market early just to get six of their pain d' raisin. Only a few more Saturdays for the market, I'll miss them til spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.