November 25, 2012

Jewelry by Angela Caputi

My house was robbed right after I moved back to Baltimore, and all of my jewelry was stolen. All of the good stuff, since I’d gotten rid of all of the junky jewelry before I moved to the UK, was gone. Since then, I’ve limited myself to very little jewelry, just some earrings, a bracelet or two and a few necklaces. I have a residual fear of being robbed again and losing everything I’ve collected.

But this weekend, I saw some jewelry that might make me change my mind. It’s not “real” jewelry, but it’s fun and it’s priced well. It’s by the Italian designer, Angela Caputi. imageMy friend Jonathan discovered her in Florence this summer. He’s always on the lookout for interesting and unique pieces for his shop, Halcyon House Antiques, and when he spotted this one evening while window shopping, he had to go back and see if he could order it for the shop.Most of the pieces are resin and they’re assembled at the shop in Italy and come in a range of colours, including the gorgeous coral red above, as well as tortoise shell, a steel blue, and also a wonderful celadon, and these blacks and whites, and ivories. I like big, chunky jewelry, because small delicate jewelry just gets lost on me. These are fun, statement pieces, and they are marked at a great price point. Some of the pieces are designed to be worn several ways, making them versatile for a number of outfits.I can clearly see some of these pieces in my immediate future. I especially love the chains. Classic!

To order, please contact Eric at Halcyon House Antiques. Here.

3 comments:

  1. Wow hats off to this talent! Love every accessories in this post specially the first one it makes me want to bite it so cute. Got my eye on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! lets hear it for Angela Caputi + Jonathan (for finding her). Those Italians are talented. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must find that red link bracelet at the top of the post. Have been to link for Halcyon House but can't find that particular piece listed. This gal is just the best...and the tortoise! Fantastic. Please advise on bracelet. thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.