November 14, 2012

I’ll Take This: House on the Isle of Man

The Isle of Man is a tax haven off the coast of England in the Irish Sea. It’s rather small, only about 85,000 residents in several towns. But it’s a place of great natural beauty.image This estate, Ballachurry House, has been owned by only two families in its 300+ year history and is on the market for the first time ever.image

Although the furnishings are not included in the sale price of £1.75 million, they are negotiable. image

There are five bedrooms imageand two baths, imagebut I am sure whoever buys the house will add additional baths.

There are a lot of great details in the house like this lovely staircase. image

For more images of the house, as well as the story behind it and more information, please click here.

5 comments:

  1. So nice to see this beautiful house on the Isle of Man. I grew up in Beachwood, Ohio, an area which before it was carved into a suburb of Cleveland, was largely settled by Manx people, who had small farms there, and developed the character of the area. Today there is little trace of these pioneers.
    --Road to Parnassus

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh on the Isle of Man! + I am with you-yes, Please the house I will take. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to live in a house like that.I like the architecture of the house.If I hit the big lottery, I might buy the house in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tax haven hmm non profits don't pay taxes say for example the NFL that money maker the National Football league is a tax haven of sorts the millions it generates pays no taxes go figure? And cities the taxpayer pays for the stadiums pays to build a stadium for a team to play in to entice a "franchise" to relocate

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I wouldn't give to own (or live near) an allee of trees.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.