February 27, 2012

Plated

Thanks so much to everyone who left good suggestions about my plates. I do have a large white ironstone platter with a green transfer-ware pattern on it that I could use for the centerpiece of the arrangement. plates allglitters fornasetti adam and eve dishesThe issue with the photoshopped images from my last post was that the scale wasn’t right. The plates ranged from six to twelve inches, but I hadn’t managed to scale them. There are also duplicates of two of the plates.plates houseandhome_comI am hoping that in my travels next week, including a stop at Portobello Road, and Bermondsey Market, as well as some of the millions of charity shops, I might find several good examples of transferware to bring home. plates stylishserendipity_blogspot_comLord knows, I am practically taking an empty suitcase (except for presents for everyone), so I will have room to schlep all of my treasures home. And you know you’ll see them on my Etsy shop, soon after.Plates Vignette designBy the way, I do plan on doing some blogging while I am gone. I have a lot scheduled, including a trip to the school where I used to work to spend some time photographing the place with my soon-to-be new friend, Yonks. I am also meeting up with some other bloggers, some of whom I already know and some who will become new friends. plates runninginstilletosI also want to attend the V&A exhibition of Cecil Beaton’s photographs of the Royal Family, taken from 1939 to 1968. I plan on taking a big memory card and an extra camera battery because I am certain I will be taking lots of pictures.

I’ve got a ton of stuff, both at home and at work, to do before I leave, but once I board the plane and take a handy-dandy Ambien, I will be on my way!

7 comments:

  1. Looking forward to following your visit almost as much as I would be as part of your visit.

    Am empty suitcase and shopping?

    This is getting better and better!

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg, Could you please send me all of the Fornaseti plates in the first image? I think that will be all I will ever need for life....... Gosh, I can't believe that your trip is coming up so fast. Where is Mr. Connor going to stay? Be well. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a fabulous trip, Meg! Who is tending Connor in your absence? I know he will miss you terribly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halas's mom+dad are taking care of connor while i am gone. and i am taking care of halas when they go on safari to africa this summer. it all works out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not so sure about plates in the bathroom or for that matter in the bedroom- never understood what plates are doing there - However the Fornasetti plates are spectacular - really, really, really want them- Fornasetti anything has always kind of made my palms sweat and made my check nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vignette Design just posted a huge post about plates on the wall. Please look it up, you may be surprised. Some of the displays used bread and butter plates which made a nice contrast. Have a good time in London. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just commented on your last plate post and then read this one - the circle like the first picture is what i envisioned. have a great trip

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.