December 8, 2009

Holiday Shopping, Part VI: The Worst

Haha! I was reading the Guardian and they had a feature on the worst presents this year and some of them just cracked me up! Others were just plain tasteless. One has to wonder who thinks these things up, and even worse, who buys them!

Like this one… It’s a ball with a moustache attached, so when your dog’s holding the ball, he looks like he’s got a moustache. That’s even funnier than the baby pacifier with a stache attached!guardian worst 1 Or this… a Michael Jackson rubber ducky. It even glows in the dark! Why?guardian worst 5 How about inflatable hair? I can see this at Halloween, but I’d have to punch anyone who gave this as a Christmas Present.guardian worst 2I think that you’d have to know someone realllly well in order to give them a belly button lint brush.guardian worst 4

What’s the worst present you’ve gotten? Someone once gave me a toaster, and I hate toast!!!

10 comments:

  1. Too funny - worst gift - themed socks....not going to wear them...ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be really into the holiday themed sweaters until Oprah told me the downfalls. So, I have given to my Mother, who adores them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the ball/stache one.

    Worst gift ever??? dyed rabbit fur scarf that was a regift (I tried to return it). I am so NOT a fur person-- unless it is attached to my (very much alive) dogs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. At a Secret Santa swap thing at a former job's Christmas party, a co-worker gave me a hinged box with little holes inside the felted trays. "Katie? What's this for?" I smiled ignorantly. "It's a jewerely box to hold your pierced earrings."

    I didn't have pierced ears then.

    ....and yeah...she was equally astute at work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last year my boyfriend gave me windshield wipers! In his defense we had only been together two weeks and it was something I needed so I smile because he was trying to be thoughtful.This year he's doing much better

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just hilarious! I once received a CD holder made of wood with a big cat head on top. I love cats, but I hate decorating with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually wouldn't mind getting the moustache ball for Alfie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that poor dog- at least they have no control over these sorts of things-I cant remember the worst- I guess Ive tried to forget. The best is always great food! love the home made gifts. G

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to get the inflatable hair. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was given a "Wacky Wakers" alarm clock that croaks when the alarm goes off. I hate frogs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.