December 14, 2009

Holiday Quiz

I posted this quiz in 2007… My answers are a little different two years later, but not much.  Feel free to post it and answer it yourself!12-12 0861. Egg nog or hot chocolate?  Egg nog is just too thick. Although I did have some delicious home-made eggnog the other day. So, it's hot chocolate with big marshmallows...and a shot! 

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?  He wraps them in coordinated paper for different family members.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?  White, non-flashing, non-moving.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?  No. I am not tall enough

5. When do you put your decorations up?  About the second or third week of December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?  Cranberry and orange relish. Spiced pecans.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?  Being old enough to go to the big caroling party downtown with my parents and their friends.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?  What truth?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?  We didn't used to, but we do some now.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?  Minimally. All I have this year is a small disco ball sparkling in the sunlight.

11. Snow: love it or hate it?  Love it, as long as it doesn’t make things difficult on the road. Ice, though, is evil.

12. Can you ice skate?  Yep. I used to ice skate after work at a rink overlooking Baltimore’s Inner Harbour.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  A trip to the Costwolds for the entire family. It took two years of planning, but all 15 of us went for from two to six weeks.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?  The planning. Writing cards to friends scattered across the globe. Seeing family and friends at parties. The cheer and good will. This year, it's also making sure all of the kids at our residential centers have presents.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?  Mince pie with a sharp cheddar cheese.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  It used to be caroling downtown with the family and friends, but now it's the Monument Lighting on First Thursday. Kitchenography said it better than I could ever... read it here. I also never miss the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols from Kings College Cambridge that is played on Christmas Eve. I hope one day to attend in person

17. What tops your tree?  It varies.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?  Giving... I love finding the perfect present. This year, I am trying to buy a house and so my presents are going to be inexpensive but chic!

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?  Some of the old English/Latin carols like Personent Hodie or Gaudete.

20. Candy canes:  Only red and white peppermint ones.

21. Favorite Christmas movie?   Don't have one, although I love watching the Nutcracker ballet.

22. What do you leave for Santa?  Whatever I leave out, dog usually snags before Santa comes!

4 comments:

  1. I am your sister 22 times over, we were probably separated at birth. Not very often do I find anyone with my set of Christmas traditions. Welcome home. Your blog is interesting and in many ways touching. We read about the things that matter to you not just the extravagances of design. Please do keep it up, the blog and the sharing of yourself.

    My very best wishes for a Happy Christmas, sister dear. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Ann! I am truly lucky to have such great traditions surrounding me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very best wishes for a Happy Christmas, sister dear. Ann

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute interview! I think this interview could be done with a different person each Christmas and still have an equally interesting result. Sort of like a Christmas version of the Proust questionaire. Would also be a fun activity for elementary school children in which they could assume the role of a character, such as the Grinch. What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.