I have the most comfortable wing chair in the world! It fits me perfectly, from the curve of the back, to the angle of the arms, to the height of the ottoman. I’d like to keep it for a while.
He likes to be curled up between the arms, sometimes resting his head on the arm, and other times, sticking his nose between the cushion and the arm. He seems to have a knack of resting one ear on the arm of the chair!He’s looking a little baleful here, mainly because I was trying to get him off the chair. But sometimes he looks so peaceful, I just let sleeping dogs lie.
The problem now is that the chair’s gotten really grubby looking. You can see I put a blanket on the chair to try and keep it clean, but that was a losing battle. I don’t want to spend a lot of money to re-upholster the chair, because it’s just going to get grubby again. Until Connor’s not with me any longer, the problem remains.
I decided to make a slip cover for the chair, and have just started this week. It’s really not the right week to begin a project, since I am exhausted after going back to work full-time on Monday. I am working here.
Wanting to do this project on the down and dirty, I bought two 9’x12’ canvas dropcloths, which set me back a whacking $30. I got an eight ounce canvas, figuring it would be a little easier to manipulate. After I washed and dried the fabric, I got to work cutting, pinning and sewing. I did the ottoman first, since it was going to be the easier of the two pieces. It looks like there’s a stain on the ottoman already, but I’ve recently discovered that there’s a spot on the inside of my camera lens. Ugh. I had to make about a mile of welting for the chair and the ottoman, which has taken most of the time, thus far. I am not going to get too fancy with this slipcover, not like the one before, because I am thinking that it will be in the laundry about once a week.The things we do for our dogs!