December 19, 2009

SNOW! (and even more snow!)

It’s snowing here. It started late last night and is supposed to continue though until Sunday morning. It’s an official blizzard, with the amount of snow falling, the wind levels and the temperatures, right now, about 22 degrees. I understand that it’s coming down at almost a half an inch an hour.12-19 002Connor and I have taken a few walks today, but it’s pretty cold, so they’re short walks. 12-19 005Baltimore’s Ravens have a big football game tomorrow against the Chicago Bears. Lots of my Baltimore and Chicago friends are coming. Since the stadium is open-air, there are a lot of logistics getting involved in clearing out the stands and the field. Ravens Stadium c Baltimore Sun Of course, Chicago hasn’t flown into Baltimore yet, so who knows what will happen tomorrow?12-19 007Most of all, who knows how much snow we will get before it finally ends?

*** We are at 15+ inches now (9 p.m) and it’s still snowing, although it’s lightened up a bit. This is the largest December snowfall recorded in Baltimore, and it’s sweeping its way up the mid-Atlantic coast and then out to sea.

My neighbourhood looks like a winter wonderland. 12-19 013I managed to get an ace parking spot, so it will just be a matter of clearing the car, doing a little shoveling and then off I go! 12-19 011 My boxwood topiary in front of my house has been mashed by the snow, but hopefully, it will spring back up once the snow’s gone.12-19 010 Connor is still loving the snow, although he’s not as bouncy as his puppy friend Hal!

16 comments:

  1. Lucky Connor! We're still waiting. So far - just a dusting. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting there by the minute!!!

    Happy holidays!

    XX
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baltimore in the snow is really cool! Especially sledding on the Baltimore County Board of Education hill on North Charles Street!

    Waiting to get buried with 20 inches of snow and 50 mph winds! We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the jingle bells!

    We're in NJ/NYC visiting family and we're missing all the snow. I'm so sad...there's supposedly 20-24" down in Charlottesville. My golden retriever would be overjoyed. Alas, we only have a dusting up here. Perhaps we'll have some more by the morning.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we had a frost here last night in the big Southern state on the Red Island downunder
    Global Warming? i'm putting my money on the ice age theory...

    ReplyDelete
  6. it just started snowing here about an hour ago - luckily i finally got all my outside decorations up - i pushed myself because of the snow - balsam, holly and giant pinecones at each door - i always take extra cuttings from the place where we buy our tree and then make my own door decorations - got wood inside - fire going - just decorated the tree - tomorrow baking cookies all day - and enjoying the beautiful fresh snow - first snowplow just passed by - have fun in the snow tomorrow ... does conor love it? only one more order for me to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are lovely. Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we had snow! Just rain here - but I'll live vicariously through everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow. Love the photos, Meg. Especially the one with Connor on the street with the buried cars. You'll really dig your car out and drive in that?! Southern California girl here. No snow experience at all (except on vacays). And I won't tell you what our temps were here today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your 20 some inches I hear Baltimore received. It sure does make it "...look a lot like Christmas!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Connor looks very happy! Hope you have a fun time. Check out my post today - we all got together and dug out our street.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The children bypassed being dressed this morning and rushed downstairs to leap into snow suits and out into it. Had to walk to a Christmas brunch today, carrying a change of shoes. It's magical (although we got around a foot of snow, that's a lot by Richmond standards. I dug out a neighbour's car and got her on her way this morning.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing better than a dog playing in snow. Love the bells on his collar!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the picture of your street - it certainly is a winter wonderland!

    Unfortunately, we were on the receiving end of something not very Christmassy this weekend. Our snow shovel was stolen off the front porch on Saturday night, mid-storm! We live far enough back from the street, too, that someone had to work to get it.

    We're just hoping that it was someone who really needed it, and not jerky kids!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful pictures. What do you do when your car looks like that? I wouldn't have clue what to do or how to drive in the snow. I would probably stay home bound until a thaw. They gave me such a cozy feeling though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This photo of the street at night with the string of lights and doggy in the middle is INCREDIBLE. This would make THE most beautiful Christmas card, or I can see it as a precision oil painting in the magic realist style. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.