December 2, 2009

I’ll Take This: Baytrees House, Great Horkesley, UK

Despite being five centuries old, the H-shaped Baytrees House in Great Horkesley has been nurtured tastefully into this millennium. Horkesley1 Leaded mullioned windows, unstinting beams, trompe l'oeil marble effects and a king post beam in the master bedroom mingle comfortably with the modern kitchen and two bathrooms.  Horkesley3All four bedrooms are beamed and vaulted, Horkesley4there's a library off the kitchen/breakfast room, Horkesley5a study and two imposingly timbered receptions. Horkesley2 The gardens are large with a pond, barn and outbuildings.  Horkesley6 Cost: £895,000

5 comments:

  1. I hope the furniture conveys. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Meg, I'll take it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely in my price range... Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What perfect home, filled with pleasent rooms, humanly proportioned and so well preseved! Delightful!
    Oh, I would move there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.