I posted this quiz in 2007… My answers are a little different two years later, but not much. Feel free to post it and answer it yourself!1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Egg nog is just too thick. Although I did have some delicious home-made eggnog the other day. So, it's hot chocolate with big marshmallows...and a shot!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them in coordinated paper for different family members.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, non-flashing, non-moving.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. I am not tall enough
5. When do you put your decorations up? About the second or third week of December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Cranberry and orange relish. Spiced pecans.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Being old enough to go to the big caroling party downtown with my parents and their friends.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We didn't used to, but we do some now.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Minimally. All I have this year is a small disco ball sparkling in the sunlight.
11. Snow: love it or hate it? Love it, as long as it doesn’t make things difficult on the road. Ice, though, is evil.
12. Can you ice skate? Yep. I used to ice skate after work at a rink overlooking Baltimore’s Inner Harbour.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A trip to the Costwolds for the entire family. It took two years of planning, but all 15 of us went for from two to six weeks.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? The planning. Writing cards to friends scattered across the globe. Seeing family and friends at parties. The cheer and good will. This year, it's also making sure all of the kids at our residential centers have presents.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Mince pie with a sharp cheddar cheese.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? It used to be caroling downtown with the family and friends, but now it's the Monument Lighting on First Thursday. Kitchenography said it better than I could ever... read it here. I also never miss the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols from Kings College Cambridge that is played on Christmas Eve. I hope one day to attend in person
17. What tops your tree? It varies.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving... I love finding the perfect present. This year, I am trying to buy a house and so my presents are going to be inexpensive but chic!
20. Candy canes: Only red and white peppermint ones.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? Don't have one, although I love watching the Nutcracker ballet.
22. What do you leave for Santa? Whatever I leave out, dog usually snags before Santa comes!