April 10, 2012

The Shops: It’s a Mouth Party!

When I travel, I always try and take some local specialty with me as gifts for hosts and hostesses, dinner partners and friends. This trip, along with my custom-made cashmere scarves, I took some locally-made Mouth Party caramels.I think that these were a success, judging by an e-mail that I received about two days after I’d given them to my dinner host and hostess. The e-mail’s author said that they’d managed to finish the bag! I had given my friends the sea-salted caramels, and now I’ve introduced their son to Salted Caramel Ice Cream!

Mouth Party makes their caramels from a small shop-front, just north of Baltimore City, and as I had to buy some to ship have personally delivered to England, I decided to drive out and see Mouth Party central for myself.Although they’d finished production for the day, I did get to see the fresh caramels bring wrapped by hand. In addition to their sea salt caramels, Mouth Party has their original caramel, maple, cappuccino, chocolate and raspberry. Some of them even come chocolate covered. I just want to tell you that these Mouth Party caramels are just sooo good.Luckily, Mouth Party ships their caramels all over the place! So now you know where to get the best caramels around… right here in Baltimore!

8 comments:

  1. Meg these sound delish! I love caramels and love sea salt on everything lately!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm! A personal favorite! Wonder what the story of their namesake is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I would have known you were going there. They make my mouth happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shop is located just about a mile from my house but have never tried their caramels. Appears I need to stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lucky host & hostess they were to receive these + They look mouth watering.
    Happy Wednesday. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently discovered caramel with sea salt gelato, so I totally relate to this post. Glad to know that Mouth Party ships outside of Baltimore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are evil, and will be held fully responsible for the death of my diet.

    8-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG: carmel, sea salt, chocolate and a boat load of stainless steel. Just my kind of eye candy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.