April 27, 2012

High Point: Part 4

One of the things about High Point is that it is just so massive, you  hardly know where to begin. It wasn’t until the third day that I really got a handle on where some of the showrooms I wanted to see where located. And in reading the reports from other bloggers, I am realizing that there are a lot of places that I would have loved, but never found.

On my third day, I headed over to the Market Square, a restored mill that was where two of my long-time favourites were located. Thibaut, who has made wallpapers and textiles, now has a line of furniture, which was all wonderful. It’s all made in the US, including the feathers and down. I noticed a mini-trend of cut velvets on a matte fabric, which gives an incredible depth and shape to the colours. You can see it on this chair, and on this sofa.I loved that Thibaut’s furniture was very well-sized – perfect for a small house like mine!

The other showroom I visited was perennial favourite:I’ve been a Lilly Pulitzer fan for ages, and have a lot of their fabrics. I just finished a pillow in their fun “Tail Lights” fabric earlier this evening. I know that Lilly isn’t for everyone, and I certainly like it in small doses, and not on all of my clothes, but I do love their patterns and colours.Most of all, I love the names they give their prints. The Tail Lights is dragons with street lights on their tails. Racy Lacy is a Queen Anne’s Lace print, Dirty Shirley is a play on the drink, Shirley Temple. Many of the Lilly prints have the name “Lilly” somewhere in the pattern and it’s always fun to see where you find it. The colours that Lilly uses are so bright and cheerful and make me happy!I loved these subdued chairs that they’d placed on the breezeway between two buildings. The detail is great, especially the closely spaced nail head trim.There’s still a lot more to come, so stay tuned!

14 comments:

  1. 1. A chair in front of a photo of the same chair in front of a window! BRILLIANT!

    2. Was that a chocolate cake behind that potted palm?

    (jokey!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is so BIG! Where to start? You have done a grand job with the showrooms + images. Loved seeing the market through your eyes. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, it looks like you had a world wind three days! 700 images, you could post for a month and not show all of your beautiful photos.

    I am a huge fan of Lily! I think her new furniture is beautiful.

    Connor looks so cute! I see that he survived a few days without you but I am sure that he was so excited to see you.

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORE that LP "Tail Lights" fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Meg - you're already on day #3!! I'm just getting around to making a few visits here in the blogosphere!! It was so great to finally meet you!! And I agree - felt the exact same way - didn't know where to begin - by the time I got the hang of it, it was time to leave!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all this color! Looks like you had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Thibaut velvets. Tres elegant! RD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like you Meg the Lily fabrics and colorways always are a feel good experience!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that dragon print--so much fun. Thanks. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I very much identify with the getting acclimated situation, sounds like my first trip to the Atlanta gift market. Love the pictures of everything, the Lilly is too fun, you know I adore their textiles!

    Sending you a smile,
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  12. Meg I just read you made a Lily
    cushion cover. Will you have any cushion covers for sale on your Etsy shop??

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dianne... send me an e-mail and we can talk about making a cushion cover. I did a navy blue one in Tail Lights, with pink piping.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every design is unique. I love it! you're such a unique artist! excellent!.
    Keep up the good works.
    EPSON Premium Glossy Photo Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.