April 27, 2011

David’s House is Open!

As you may have realized, I adore my friend David, and think he’s one of the most talented people I know. I love that we’ve gotten to be great friends over the past years. pinky 007This coming weekend, David’s extraordinary house is going to be one of the homes on the Maryland House and Garden Pilgrimage on Sunday, May 1. For more than 80 years, MHGP has showcased some of the most incredible private homes in Maryland, and each year, they focus on several different areas of the state.

This year, a number of homes in Baltimore’s historic Mount Vernon neighbourhood will be open for viewing by the pilgrims. Here’s what they have to say about Mount Vernon:

This neighborhood, once home to the region’s wealthiest families, is named for the Washington Monument, a large pillar commemorating George Washington, and its four flanking formal parks. Baltimore_Washington_Monument The District is still home to many important cultural institutions such as the Walters Art Gallery and the Peabody Institute, as well as innumerable art galleries, craft workshops, studios and community theaters.

David’s house is filled with amazing furniture and finishes. Many pieces of the furniture are prototypes for pieces which David later put into production. Party 030 This amazing piece filled with china he’s collected over the years, is in his kitchen. Here’s another look at the kitchen and you can just see the cabinet on the left.kitchenHis living room is something that I aspire to… cool and elegant with spectacular pieces and long tall windows.livingroomDavid loves a good Moroccan influence, as evidenced by his legendary Arabian Nights party, and this spectacular lamp, which he designed and made. light I’ll be a tour guide at David’s house on the early shift, so be sure to say hi!

Tickets are available for purchase here and are $30 per person. I’d pay $30 for a tour of David’s house!

8 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog and I love it . Coming back soon ... Zelda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the architecture in the Mount Vernon area in Baltimore. The area was sadly rather run down the last time I was there, perhaps ten years ago or so. By the looks of your friend's marvelous house, it appears that the decline of the area has been arrested, if not is in the process of being reversed? I hope that is the case.
    Reggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I was in the area!! That kitchen is fantastic!!!
    LOVE!
    xo Allison

    Spicer + Bank: www.spicerandbank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I am unable to attend the tour, I hope that you have time to take some more pictures while you are there and share them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's style with a capital "S"! Hope you have a beautiful day for the tour. Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to be a verrrrrrrrry busy lady this weekend, starting tomorrow morning pre-crack of dawn. You might have let go of the cocktail shaker one week too early!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely post it is. I like to read more here about the kitchen detailing.
    dean graziosi

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! What a brilliant interior. I love seeing homes that you don't see often. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.