April 17, 2011

Bamboozled!

As the East Coast was being hammered by hurricane-like weather, I thought I could use a little spring cheer in my day, so I braved the high winds and driving rain and went to see what was new at Halcyon House Antiques

As I mentioned the other day, Halcyon’s website is up and running, but what I didn’t realize was that it had only been launched last week! Jonathan, Stiles and Eric put a tireless effort into making it a great site, and so easy to navigate, with lots of eye candy (including these two handsome gentlemen!).jonathanstilesThe colours at Halcyon went a long way to bringing a bright spot into a very rainy day, and cheered me up immensely, as did the company! I saw scores of new things on offer there, and thought I’d share them with you.

First up, lots of bamboo accessories, including these great hand-painted plates,halcyon 048 and platters,halcyon 049 these great dining room chairs in a Chinese Chippendale pattern,halcyon 041 and these fabulous porch chairs with their wonderful green and brown stripes.halcyon 004Halcyon House has recently expanded their collection to include a special selection of things For Her! These handbags come in a range of sizes and will be perfect for the summer. halcyon 019 Halcyon also has a great selection of unusual and one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces, all at excellent price points. I loved this necklace and thought it would look wonderful with my black cashmere sweater (yes, it was that cold!).halcyon 016 Love this little raffia and shell clutch! It makes me long for summer days…halcyon 021 I loved the selection of brightly coloured glasses and table-top pieces. I can just picture a pitcher of mojitos in these beautiful blue glasses. halcyon 046 And these swirled green glasses would be great with a light white wine spritzer.halcyon 036 This spring has been very cool, so we’re still awaiting the arrival of local asparagus, but in the meantime, these clever salt and pepper shakers will have to suffice.halcyon 040 Jonathan is an amazing gardener, so it didn’t surprise me that they had the most gorgeous pots! Love that these are pre-mossed for you!halcyon 002 And these garden cloches could either encourage some seedlings to grow, or show off a special piece from your collection.

halcyon 043 halcyon 044

I hope that you’ll take a few minutes to check out the new Halcyon House Antiques website, and then sign their guestbook and tell’em I sent you over! 

10 comments:

  1. Ah.... those plates and that really is the cutest blue bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg I wish I lived closer. The bamboo pieces are fabulous along with the selecyion of glasswear.

    Come and enter my fashionable giveaway from The French Basketeer!

    I know you will love this~~

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a charming shop. Love the rattan chairs and the handbags are tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that necklace - to die for - jan 'downunder'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love their site! Just left them a hello in the guestbook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear. Thank goodness they have a web site. Otherwise?
    I would jump in my car and drive the three hours to live in their shop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to make a visit there someday. Will definitely check out the site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right about now I feel like I should have followed up on my plans to move back to Maryland in 2003!! I love this store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just ate a fantastic tuna salad with sprigs of baby asparagus tonight! Love those s&p shakers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.