December 30, 2011

Thank YOU!

When I started this blog in early 2007, I could never have anticipated where it would take me, the people I’d meet or the experiences I’d have. I am eternally grateful that I’ve had the opportunities that Pigtown*Design has opened up for me. I thought I’d share some of them with you.

1. New Friends. In a few week period, I was lucky enough to meet two of my favourite “guy” bloggers, Chris from Easy & Elegant Life, and Toad from To the Manner Born. Their visits were supposed to coincide, but a puking puppy (not mine!) put an end to that. So I got to have two special events, although the one with Chris did involve a spot of B&E at a posh hotel!E E B E 044Here we are doing an architectural tour of the women’s room… not so bad for me, but a bit suspect for him! We’re actually counting how many different types of marble are in the room.

Some other bloggers I’ve had the chance to spend some time with are new friends Mary from BarnBug Studios, Natalie from WifeLife Natalie, Suzy from Baltimore Fishbowl and Emily from Emily Evans Eerdmans. I’ve also met a lot of others who have kindly introduced themselves to me. Thank you so much for doing that. It really makes me feel special!

2. Experiences – Because of the blog, I’ve been invited to some great events, and behind the scenes tours. Most notable was a day spent at Scalamandré visiting their showrooms and having a private tour of their passementerie division with the charming Ed Goodman.nyc 062 He regaled me with the funniest stories and insiders tales. I also got to know PR whiz and Baltimore native, Janice Langrall, who has since become a dear friend!

Ladew Gardens has invited me to two amazing events – their Garden Fest and their Christmas House Tour. We’re so fortunate to have a resource like Ladew in our area,Ladew Gardens and I am very lucky to have the chance to get to know this spectacular house and garden.

3. Press – On January 1, 2012, I will have my first by-line in the Baltimore Sun. This is particularly poignant and exciting for me, as that is where my father had his first reporting job many years ago. Sun1The article’s already on-line, in the Sun’s Home section, and you can read it here.

I was asked by Elle Décor to make a list for their “Design Insiders’ Weekly Finds” and I wrote about my current obsession for chairs. Since I moved into the new house, I’ve collected quite a number of them, including a Ghost chair from my friend Suzy and a Chinoiserie Gothic chair from pal, David.chairAlong with two Billy Baldwin-style slipper chairs, four lyre-back folding chairs, two ottomans, and one down-filled wingback chair, I think this obsession’s got to stop!

4. Kindnesses – I am gratified by the kindness that bloggers and readers have shown me. When I mentioned that my poor Remembrance Day poppy was being held together with spit and scotch tape, two friends each sent me poppies. Now I can share them with some UK ex-pat friends next November. poppu02[3]I’ve also received lovely parcels in the mail, beautiful cards, wonderful greetings and warm letters and e-mails. Thank you so very much. It means the world to me!

5. YOU! I am eternally humbled that you take the time from your busy life to read Pigtown*Design. I love writing the blog and hope that it shows. I am always so pleased when a shop owner or gallery owner tells me that someone who came into their place did so because they read about it in Pigtown*Design. I am happy to introduce you to new resources, books, ideas, homes, gardens and food. I love opening a dialogue that’s only possible because you participate with your comments and e-mails.

I hope that you will come along with me in 2012 to see what happens, where I go, and who I meet. And I hope that I have the chance to meet you and thank you in person for reading Pigtown*Design.

Thank you so very much!

12 comments:

  1. Meg, this time next year I hope to be on your list of Bloggers you've met in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying your writing each day has made this a wonderful year. Thank you so much for sharing so much. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky 'baltimore sun' to have a second fielding on staff! you're the new lady baltimore, meg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if the chamber of commerce or Mayor hasn't presented you with a key to the city by now I don't know what is wrong with them. I love finding blogs that the blogger writes about their city in a way that allows me to get to know their hometown. Happy New year,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and happy New Year.

    Would you be a sweetheart and update Valorie's blog address to,

    http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com

    in your SITES TO SEE section?

    Thank you and our best wishes for another banner year.

    Alberto

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the article Meg! Best wishes to you for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read your Baltimore Sun article. Loved it! I tweeted about it and facebook "liked" it. I am glad you have had such a good year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Meg - Even though I dropped out of the blogoshere a few months ago, your blog continues to be a daily read. Will pop over to the Baltimore Sun - congrats on the new by-line. Now on to 2012 - peace, health and happiness, best, Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meg it is you to thank for your wonderful articles and for being so personal in your writings. Even though I haven't met you or Connor, I feel I know you so well!

    Jealous (a bit) because my meeting with Toad and Mrs B did not work out due to short notice.

    Wishing You and Yours all the best in 2012!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hoping this is the year I make it to Baltimore for one of your tours of the city -- especially Dubois Fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Meg, It is you that I need to thank for all of the original, fun, heart tugging (Connor's escape), informative and always from the heart posts of the last few years. can't wait to see what is up your sleeve for 2012--this is going to be an awesome year!! xoxo Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your posts every day. Can't believe that you only decide what you post at 11 o'clock at night. You and Norman have added a lot to blogland. thanks Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.