May 31, 2010

A Housewerks Wedding

On Sunday, there was a wedding at Housewerks. It’s a stellar location for a party, with a fabulous Victorian-era pumping station, fascinating pieces all around and a view of the skyline of Baltimore City.5-30 052The timing for the wedding was excellent, as the crew from Housewerks had just been up to sell at Brimfield and had sold lots of their stock – much of it before the show even opened! 5-30 032 So instead of being jam-packed with merchandise and treasures, the stock was relatively sparse. However, that meant that the pieces remaining were shown to their best advantage.5-30 042The chuppah for the services was stretched between four columns, and set against two heavy mahogany doors. 5-30 037 Lots of Housewerks’ artifacts were pressed into service as candleholders. 5-30 043And some other pieces were set up to use as coolers, to be filled with ice and bottles of wine and champagne.5-30 034 Outside, visitors were greeted with flapping pennants (made by moi, from remnants of my pillows!) 5-30 047 and a double row of glass floats from Japanese fishing nets, which then lead into the building. 5-30 046

Here are some more pictures, so you can get an idea of what a great space this is.





5-30 036
5-30 040
5-30 045



5-30 041

Having a wedding in a space like Housewerks is not for everyone. But, personally, I’d much rather have an event at a place like this than somewhere traditional.

9 comments:

  1. Meg - that is so cool. Are there more pictures to post? What a cool place to have a wedding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the glass float leading up to the door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon... I added a couple more!

    MNH... The glass balls are $40 each if you are interested! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, I think it is a wondeful venue!! very nice and I am sure the wedding was an experience to cherish!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I know the person having the wedding! I thought it was such a great idea (even though I've never even been to Housewerks)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine, that's amazing! I'd love to hear how everyone liked the space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to send the link to your site to them (which is why I'm here just now and not doing my work!), so they can perhaps give you first hand insight, but I heard from my colleague who attended the event that it was a cool venue and everyone seemed to like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This place would be worth getting married again! To the same man, of course - I got a good one! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S.

    Rachel - I went to find your blog, to see your wedding pictures....

    RATS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.