May 4, 2010

The Door Was Open…

So I went in. Or at least I tried to go in…

As I was driving home from work yesterday, I drove by my favourite stone house, which is on the market, and noticed that the front door was ajar. 4004 front2 Hmmm, I thought, maybe the realtor’s there and I can get a look around. So I parked and walked up the stone path to the house.

I’ve always been very curious how the three Palladian/French doors fit in with the interior of the house, especially after I saw some of the pictures. guilford 5-3 005Well, here’s the surprise! The center door is just an entryway to the main front door – there’s a vestibule behind the curtains. guilford 5-3 001 I was completely shocked! It was not what I had expected at all. guilford 5-3 003Now I am even more interested to see how this house works, because the realtor wasn’t there and the front door was locked, so I couldn’t explore… and you KNOW I would have!guilford 5-3 004 Is this what you would have thought?

11 comments:

  1. Wow, great blog! I'll follow you!
    Please followme @ http://justflirtingwithtime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm interesting. Guess that would exlplain the mail slot on the centre door.

    Hope you made you way in and got photos of how this works...I can't begin to imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a handsome house. Wish the Realtor had been around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. an enclosed front porch! That makes more sense really. Does it face south and perhaps it was a former owner's way of getting a sunroom easily?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephan... I don't think so for a couple of reasons.
    *This vestibule was only about 6x6 and wasn't open to the other windows.
    *This room faces east, so it wouldn't be a sunroom. If you look to the far left of the house, there's a wing with some more of those windows and it's got east, south and west exposures.

    I can't reconcile these windows with the interior shots. MUST.GET.IN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am dying to see more....don't you have any realtor friends who could take you through?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great house! I can see why you are in love! I'm guessing air-lock so the drafts would ot get intot he main house? Maybe the cutains are not original. Maybe the doors are not original either for that matter! I am very curious!

    And BTW! LOVE the banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that "secret" vestibule!!

    Great house

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be dying to get in!Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SURPIRSE! Oh, just pretend you are an interested buyer. I am sure that the owners and realtor would love the free publicity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've e-mailed the realtor twice and have not gotten a response. I am sure he's checked my finances and knows that this house is out of my price range! You'd think he'd respond, given what free PR I've given him already!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.